ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:24 am 

I generally eat 3000-3500 kcal per day in about 25% protein, 30%Fat, 45% Carbs. With most of the carbs being from thick brown german bread during the day, 100g oats in the morning and about 500g of veggies in the evening.

This is about 200g protein per day (maybe too much for 160lb person) and very few starchy carbs.

Sometimes i find that i *think* I'm absolutely starving by the end of the day, but don't want to eat anymore as i will be over eating.

So should I eat something, or resist the urge. Should I be eating more daily if I feel hungry (im not trying to bulk up or even put on weight).

Cheers for the advice :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:52 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Assuming you're not trying to loose weight, and even if you are to some extent, I think you should eat when you are hungry. Rather than eat more, eat smaller portions at your main meals and snack between. Plan these snacks so you know what you are getting. Don't just run by the late night drive through for a couple of burgers or oder in a pizza.

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:52 am 

Try increasing your protein and reducing your carbs, especially at night. Bump your protein intake up to 240 grams per day. Another thing you might want to try is some chromium picolinate. I have found that, though I still get hungry, I don't get that "starved" feeling. It is supposed to help regulate sugar and insulin levels in the blood. I started taking it because of my family history of diabetes. The loss of the starved feeling has been a pleasant and unexpected side effect. I got my sister to start taking it for the diabetes reason and she called me and was ticked off that I didn't talk to her about taking it before. She says she doesn't get angry hungry anmore either. I didn't even mention that so I don't think it is a placebo effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:53 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

hoosegow wrote:
Try increasing your protein and reducing your carbs, especially at night. Bump your protein intake up to 240 grams per day. Another thing you might want to try is some chromium picolinate. I have found that, though I still get hungry, I don't get that "starved" feeling. It is supposed to help regulate sugar and insulin levels in the blood. I started taking it because of my family history of diabetes. The loss of the starved feeling has been a pleasant and unexpected side effect. I got my sister to start taking it for the diabetes reason and she called me and was ticked off that I didn't talk to her about taking it before. She says she doesn't get angry hungry anmore either. I didn't even mention that so I don't think it is a placebo effect.

I'll second that.