ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: advice
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:33 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

i'm taking some supplements: multi vitamins, amino and fat burner without caffeine it's called super cuts 3.
i was reading the other day about fish oil, i decided to stop the fat burner and take fish oil since it helps with burning fat, it's good for the heart and joints. Is it ok to take fish oil even if i eat sea food every once in a while or it's for people who don't eat fish at all ?!!

i'm trying to control my diet but the problem is that i don't eat breakfast that much because sometimes i don't have time, i eat steak and brown rice at lunch and sometime checkin with brown rice or tuna. at dinner i eat steak sandwitch or checkin sandwitch or tuna all with brown sandwitch. between meals i eat fruits banana and green apple, is this ok or any body got some advice ?!!

is it true that i have to eat less red meat ?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:32 pm 

Read the post that I created below your topic for some tips.
http://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4148

When it comes to red meats there is slightly higher amount of calories in them compared to other meats, so its really a personal preference, just try to get the most lean of meat as possible.

Don't worry about the fish oils either it wont harm you having that with fish. I take 2.5g fish oil with a multivitamin in the morning and I never worried about negative effects from eating fish as well.

Make sure you balance out your diet of grains and proteins with fruits and veggies as well, I'd try and incorporate the veggies/fruit into your meals and not just as snack. An example meal 6 oz peice of chicken, 1 cup of brown rice, a salad with no dressing with peices of brocolli mixed into it, and a large glass of water.

Or a lunch that I had today which was 2 peices of turkey with a slice of low fat cheese on whole grain bread with mustard. A large apple, yogurt, and a serving size of pretzels.

Also a couple cups of coffee in the morning is a beneficial ad to your diet if you have it black, or I guess skim milk wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by ironmaiden708 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have to disagree. don't eat that low fat crap. It's full of sugars. Eating more red meat is a good idea. But you need a variety of meats.

Stick with more low gi carbs. You will likely have to cut down on total carbs too. You can't cut on the same macro ratios you bulk on, contrary to bodybuilding lore.

I don't think fat burners will help. You should concentrate on your diet.

Also you have to make time for breakfast. If you can't make time for it, you aren't going to get very far.

changing body comp is all about dedication and diligence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:17 pm 

Ironman you are going to have to present me with proof that its bad to have low fat foods. If all they are doing is removing fat from the ingredients of the food then that is perfectly fine. What your saying is that skim milk is bad for you since fat is removed from it to make it fat free. Now it is a totally different situation of if they remove the fat from the food then put addivtive in their to make it taste exactly the same as fll fat foods. I can tell you that skim milk and low fat cheese do not taste the same as their full fat product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:37 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD

I totally agree w/ Ironman. For cutting, you have way too many starches. Concentrate on lean meats, good fats, veg, some fruit, and limit the starch. See the stickies I put above, in Particular see the article by Berardi, 7 Habits. I put in in a sticky so we wouldn't have to keep reposting the stuff. Also see he comments by Stuward, in the 2nd sticky
As to fish oil, yes, you can take them whether or not you eat fish regularly.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:30 am 
Rookie
Rookie

i'm not trying to lose wight i just want to maintain, i can't eat 5-8 meal a day that's alot i tryed to do it once and i don't know what to eat. I'm eating fruits as a snack coz they told me not to eat them after the meal coz fruits produces some gases or something like that, so u mean i eat less starch like the rice and bread these stuff i eat it only at lunch time ?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:39 am 

You mentioned fat burners, so I assumed you were trying to cut fat. I have no idea about the fruit gasses, never heard that one. Even for maintaining, trying to keep fat off, which I guess is your goal, Meals of protein, load up on veg, and maybe slice of bread or SOME rice, OK, maybe, but read the stickies so I don't have to repost them here. Especially for your case, the 7 habits article by Beradi should do you just fine. If you can't eat every 2-3 hours, I wouldn't worry about it. I rarely do, but my guidleines don't really change. The volumes in each meal just might ncrease a bit. A pice of fruit, and maybe a few nuts should carry you through just fine to your next one.
Tim

Post subject: Re: advice
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:33 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

kal wrote:
i'm trying to control my diet but the problem is that i don't eat breakfast that much because sometimes i don't have time

You should make time. Studies have shown that people who eat breakfast will, on average, eat less overall than those who don't. Basically you will be hungrier all day long and will eat more as a result. Among people who have lost weight and kept it off, eating breakfast regularily was one of the major contributors to their success.

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:21 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

the reason i'm taking fat burners is that i want to get rid of the fat around my abs specially the bottom part of the abs and the side, coz i just came back from an injury so i gained a little fat around this area i want my body to be lean and cutted up.

is it necessary to take protein shake ? or it doesn't matter, is there any specific brand for the fish oil or i take any fish oil ?!

what kind of nuts is it the salted or flavored ones and these kind of stuff or there is something else ?!! what about dryed fruits can i eat some are they the same thing ?!

so ur suggesting that i include with my meal a piece of fruit and nuts ?!
what can i eat between meals ?!! can i snack on nuts ?!! i'll read the stickies.  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:01 pm 

OK, let's get this straight. You told me in a previous post you wanted to stay the same in weight, not lose it, but you now say you want to loose your stomach. Which is it? You loose the fat around your stomach, and there will b weight loss, hopefully mostly fat. Again, have you read the links I put up? The one on 7 habits fits your plan like a glove. Basically meat, lots of veg, some fruit, limited starch, and good fat. That is NOT what you are doing.By limited starch, go for maybe 1/2 cup of brown rice or so at a meal. Also , start eating breakfast, it revs up your metabolism. If you must eat bread, have the sandwhich openface w/o the top slice. load the rest of your plate with vegetables. Lots of nutiritents, will fill you up, and not many calories involved. If you re-read my last post, the nuts and fruit were for a "snack" to get you through to the next meal. As to salt or flavored nuts, if your a sodium-a-phobic, se the unsalted ones. As for flavored, as long as it isn't flavored with a bunch of sugar, go for what you like. If you like salt, eat it, if not, don't. If you like the hot nuts, go for it. Just do a little research AFTER reading labels so that you will know whats in it. And in case you missed it in another link, read this one, it's a more detailed version of the 7 habits. It breaks down what to eat, why, and why not all carbs are alike, with the same thing pertaining to fats and proteins. It's a fairly long read, in two parts, but it will answer your questions, especially as to shedding fat (which is what you stated in your last post).
http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/nut ... ting_2.htm
Again,this should answer your question(s). Pls to read it.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:09 am 
Rookie
Rookie

thanx alot TimD :) will do

i didn't mean to confuse u, but sometimes when u look at ur self and feel that u gaind a little bit of fat but u r as the same wight as before and when u get rid off it ur also at the same wight that's what happens with me and that's what i ment.

i'm only 66 k and i can see my upper abs, i just want to make it clear.