ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Am I eating right ?!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:37 am 
Rookie
Rookie

i work from 8 tell 4, my breakfast is 2 brown toasts with egg white, i eat it around 8:20. after that i eat a banana after few hours like at 10:30 11:00 when ever i feel hungry again.

At 12:30 or 1:00 is my lunch time i go to starbucks or costa to get a sandwich with chicken or steak or some times i order delivery coz there is no restaurants near us and when i order for delivery i make sure there is no carbs with the meal no sandwich. after 2 hours from lunch time i eat a green apple and drink green tea.

sometimes i eat a bar of twix after lunch and drink hot choco in the morning but not alway only when i feel i want some.

when i go home i have my dinner at 5:00 brown rice with veg and steak or chicken or fish, i rest for a while then i go to the gym.

after my work out i eat again but i try to eat just veg and steak or checkin or fish without any carbs.

i'm just 66 kg not fat and i getting good results from working out, so am i eat right or there is too much carbs or am i missing something ?!! am i on the right track ?!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:52 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

The obvious issues are as follows and should be followed regardless of your goals:

1.Eat a more substantial breakfast. Get up earlier to prepare it if you have to.

2.Plan your snacks. Take them with you to work. There should be no reason to go to a chocolate bar.

3.Your post workout meal should be high GI and protein in liquid form.

4.Eat more fats, especially Omega 3 and monounsaturated. (fish oil, olive oil and nuts)

Your diet is very normal but far from optimal. Carbs are not bad unless you are looking for results that you are not getting. Are you getting the results you want? If not, what results do you want to see?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:45 am 
Rookie
Rookie

sorry but can u explain more about the points u suggested.

like the 1st one what do u mean by substantial breakfast ?! isn't egg and toast enough ?!

2-plan my snacks ?! what kind of snacks do u mean ?! i have my apple and banana isn't that consider as snacks ?! i don't eat choco that much.

3-what do u mean by high GI ?! do u mean that i take a protein shake after workout instead of eating ?! that's what protein in liquid form means ?! like whey protein ?! is whey protein same as wight gainer ?! coz i don't want to gain a lot.

4-i take fish oil once everyday in the morning, sometimes olive oil but nuts not that much. Can i eat mix nuts as a snack or mixed almund ?! but isn't nuts have alot of fat i checked once the nutrient table it has alot of fat and cal.

well i'm getting the result that i want, but i need to flatten my abs specially the lower abs coz the top part is flat already, my abs are in a good shape they are toned i can feel it, but i just need to get rid of the fat on top of it and it's not alot of fat coz i can see my packs.
i'm doing abs work out some with wights and some without, if i do with wight should it be heavy or normal ?!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:05 am 

Keep in mind that there is a lot of good in your diet.
1. Breakfast should be one of your largest meals. try to get 1/4 of your daily calories. Studies have shown that people snack less during the day is they have a big breakfast. the fact that you are having breakfast at all is a good thing. Bread is largely a waste of calories, even whole grain. toast just added carcenigens to an otherwise useless item. For breakfast carbs, eat fruits and veg. This is the best time to get your fruit. Eggs should be eaten whole. Fat is good. Egg yolk is good. You should be trying to get about 30g of protein at breakfast. 2 egg whites give you about 6g. Try 3 or 4 whole eggs with a breakfast meat and a bowl of berries or mixed fruit. At the very least add in 1 egg yolk.

2. Snacks should be a complete meal but it doesn't have to be large. Try to get a balance of carbs, fats and protein. A small salad with cubed chicken and olive oil dressing.

3. Protein shake with carbs. Ideally add creatine, gluamine and BCAAs. This has been written about frequently in this forum.

4. Mixed nut are a rich source of monounsaturated fats. Walnuts have a good amount of Omega 3 as does flax seed. Almonds and Cashews are very good. Certainly take account of the fat in the nuts, 1/4 cup/day is loads. Having adequate fat in your diet can help you lose body fat.

Most people confuse dietary fat with body fat and dietary cholestrol with blood cholestrol. They are not directly link. Yes there is some linkage but high body fat and blood cholestrol is caused but high calories, imbalanced diet and lack of exercise.

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:23 am 
Rookie
Rookie

ok what i'm doing know is that :

3 whole egg omelette mixed with veg and chopped meat and a fruit salad, and i'm gonna try the mashrooms they say that it has the same values as meat is that true ?! a doctor told me once that it's prefered not to eat fruits after ur meal, before is good or after a while from eating my meal.

what if i don't have any available salad is there any other snack i can take ?!

usually for protein shake they say take 2 or 3 servings a day but i want to take only 1 after workout is that ok ?!

if i took more than 1/4 cup of mix nuts would that be alot ?! is there a specific time to eat the nuts or it's ok to eat it 2 or 3 times a day ?!!

thanx alot for giving me some advice :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:13 pm 

You can eat as much nuts as you want, it just depends on how much calories you want to be in the form of nuts. You got to remember something, nuts are very calories dense. If you want to have more of those, then have less of something else.

I would recommend 20-25g of protein before and after you work out. Have carbs before and after to.

Salad isn't a good snack, very poor in calories and nuitrition. Have dark green veggies instead. Brocolli, spinach, etc and not corn. Or have a salad with those mixed inside.

I don't know anything about the muchrooms.

Try protein/power bars, they have good protein and vitamins. Get the myoplex bars.

http://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4616

Read it, it will give good ideas

Last edited by ironmaiden708 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

To quote myself, Enjoy your nuts guilt free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:53 am 
Rookie
Rookie

isn't eating a lot of yolk egg bad ?! they always say don't eat a full egg it has a lot of cholestrol coz of the yolk ?!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:10 am 

Yes yolks have cholesterol. However, there is only a weak link between dietary cholesterol and blood cholesterol. Oxidized cholesterol is bad for you arteries so cook your eggs slowly but otherwise, unless your doctor has told you that you are particularity at risk, eat the yolks.

Egg yolks contain most of the eggs nutrition.

Egg whites contain anti-nutrients. Avidin is a glycoprotein in egg whites that binds to the B vitamin biotin, and can lead to a deficiency of this vitamin.

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html

Stu