ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: supplements/free weights
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:19 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Now, I've got a buddy who was here for about 6 years, and I was with him here for about 5 of those 6. He's always been into lifting, but was kind of in and out, not very consistent about lifting. He was knowledgeable, learned quite a bit, but was never very big. He was pretty strong, had wide lats and good delts, but everything else was lacking, specifically in his arms. He never could build them. Now he's in a transitional facility, and has been for about 6 months. He's been lifting on freeweights, as all we have here are cables, and in the first couplke of months he jumped about 50 lbs, he was about 200 or 195 when he left, and got up to 250. Now he's down to a lean 230, so I hear, and amazingly big. He talked a bit about wanting to do some 'roids if he couldn't get what he wanted naturally. I understand that he was on a supplement cocktail up there, and the size gains could be attributable to that with the freeweights, but I was curious if supplements will make that huge of a difference combined with the freeweights, or if you think he may have hit the juice? I don't have much experience with supplements, so I really have nothing to base my knowledge on. I do know that from here, when people who have been lifting here hit the freeweights, almost 100% of the time I hear that there is an inch and a half to two inch gains automatically in the arms, so the gains seem to be dramatic upon the change to freeweights. Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:49 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Some supps can make a difference, in particular Creatine, but I don't know if they can make THAT much of a difference. While I don't know exactly what kind of chow you are getting where you are, I can only imagine it isn't that much or all that great. My guess is that if it is supps, it might be a combination of creatine, maybe some prohormones (but I think they ot banned-not sure) and that his main foo supply may have gotten much better in the transitional facility. All those combined in a best case scenario MIGHT be accountable for the difference, or maybe he DID get ahold of some "chemical assistanc". most things are possible, if not likely, but I can't really guess without know the circumstance and say definiively one way or the other. My roomate in college played football, and over the summer, hit the weights hard, ate everything he could gegt his hands on, including putting a can of pork and beans down everynight before bed and stuck on 35 lbs. Didn't get cut though. That's what makes me wonder in your buddies case.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe if he is doing superdrol. That IS technically a steroid though, although it is legal for the moment. Unless he has done a few cycles of that, I would think he has been using the schedule 3 kind. He should really wait until he's out to take steroids. Of course people could be telling you stories. You know how people stretch the truth and it gets bigger with each telling. Maybe he put on 10 pounds of muscle over 4 months and then spent a couple months cutting and got pretty ripped. You look bigger when you lose fat because the definition shows better.