ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: L-gluetamine
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:25 am 
Ive spoken to a few people and they all say this is one of the best products to take , when excerciseing. Has anyone got any info on this also when would be the best time to take it(portions)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:06 am 
From what I have seen, there is no evidence that this actually does anything for you. Unlike a lot of suppliments though, this one does at least seem to be safe. If I remember right the problem with it is absorbtion. I don't remember much about it, but I know after reading up on it, I felt it wasn't even worth a try. I have talked to other people that think it's great though. It could all be in their heads though.

From what I have learned and experienced. The things that matter are time under tension, load, protein (in perticular whey, taken at the right time), energy/food, water, standard multivitimin, sleep, time for recovery.

exceptions
creatine, it gives some small temporary gains.
steroids and growth hormone, works great but very dangerous.

I haven't ever seen other suppliments work for people and some of them are dangerous too. Well that's my thoughts on the subject anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:52 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

L- Glutamine. Well, it's been over 7 years since I've done any serious research on it. It is a substance that is used by the body quite frequently on a daily basis, and being an amino acid, it is used for repair and maintenenace. I've read that the gut takes it in and almost constantly turns it over for intestinal lining. I've also read that can be used for gh level raising by taking it right before bed. I would suggest you do a google or other search, and factor the search down to health benifits, otherwise you will probably tie in to ads.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:03 pm 
thanks , for that . As it seems all the info im getting is basically Ads. I still havent heard anything negative ,other then it might not have any effect at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:18 am 
Exactly, there are no negatives, it is all natural. As you see though, the positive is not at all proven. No harm in trying, but it is probably just a waste of money.