ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Favorite Healthy Foods
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:10 pm 

This is something that I am curious about. I want to see a list of your five favorite healthy foods. Those foods that you will always eat and feel good about it at the same time. List the food and why you like it so much.

1). Eggs. Eggs this is my magical fruit. There is nothing bad about eating eggs. Full of nuitrition, healthy fats, protein, everything you need. These leave me full when I eat these in a meal and will usually last for a few hours.

2). Peanut Butter. MMM... this is always a treat for me. This food has a balance of healthy fats in it just like the eggs. This is a food for you if you don't have anything else good to eat. Also you don't have to eat much of it to give you saity.

3). Olive Oil. I love Olive Oil, this is a delicious liquid that tastes good on almost anything. Any food you would typically have butter on, Olive Oil would probably taste just as good. Again this a food you don't have to have much of to fill you. I could literally drink a bottle of this stuff it's so good.

4). Turkey. Turkey is a very lean meat to start with. This is a top choice of mine as a meat to choose for sandwichs, dinners, additive to omelettes, etc. If the low saturated fat content doesn't mean anything to you maybe the fact that this a very protein dense meat and is low in calories to.

5). Power Bar. This may seem like an odd one but these as a meal replacement work pretty well. Power bars in general have a high amount of protein. They are full of nuitrients have a good amount of carbs, has fiber in it, low sugar content. (The one I am referring to specifically is the Myoplex power bars) Why not eat these once in a while if you don't have the time to eat a peice of chicken?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:46 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I like all those too.

Beef, another great protein source and there is so much you can do with it.
Fish, chicken, lamb, pork.... pretty much all animals... delicious and nutritious.....
I like Atkins shakes, a lot of good stuff in there.
Cheese, certainly has it's uses.
Strawberries and raspberries are a couple favorites.
Various veggies.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:31 am 

i really love fish tilapia. If I spelled that right is amazing. Last night for dinner I had tilapia shrimp cream corn and some nasty minute rice crap lipton sides. I love steak I know it has a lot of protein but how come i always hear your cholesterol is gonna go up bla blah. Also recently aquired a taste for fresh uncooked spinage in my salads. Love it.