ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:51 am 

Ok I know what you put into your body is key to what happens and the work you put in at the gym. They both go hand in hand. Is it possible to make a thread/ calculator on this site to determine if the diet is sufficient for the goals? For instance I had a very short but the most intense leg workout yesterday after i left the gym I went straight home and had dinner. It consisted of two split chicken breasts baked with skin one thing of corn on the cob with butter and salt and about 4 salt potatoes with pretty much to no salt and some butter with a glass of 1 percent chocolate milk. I weigh roughly 210 im 5'8 my goals are to gain muscle mass and weight while increasing strength. Is it possible to have a calculator/thread on here that measures needs pr body lb needs pr workout and something that would rate the post workout meal? I think thats key and diet is a lot of things some weight trainers overlook. Just an idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:15 am 

That would probably be hard to do. A meal like that will help you build mass but it wouldn't help you get lean. Ideal is relative to your goals.

There are calculators on the internet that will determine your calories and nutrients. fitday.com comes to mind.

About your specific meal, although it's high in calories, it's relatively low in nutrition. Corn and potatoes are not the best choices if nutrition is your goal. They will both add calories with relatively little bulk so that may be what you want. Corn is not a vegetable, its a grain. Better for someone trying to stay lean would be to pass on the corn and go with a spinach salad with olive oil dressing with some steamed veg like asparagas, green beans and peppers.