Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Two Questions -
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:25 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

1) http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=6583

Sorry for the link, but what do you guys think of that product versus actual fish oil or caps. Burping up fish sucks and maybe this would work better?

2) Is there a creatine type worth taking that can be taken during cutting? I want the physical benefits but I don't want the muscle bloating hehe, but I don't think thats possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:53 pm 

Quote:
1) http://www.bulknutrition.com/?products_id=6583

Sorry for the link, but what do you guys think of that product versus actual fish oil or caps. Burping up fish sucks and maybe this would work better?

Don't waste your money on it. 30 day supply for $20? Nah, you get plenty of omega 6. The omega 3 content sucks since 2 fish oil capsules cover that. The mineral/vitamin content is in insignificant amounts. You can eat a cup of broccolli and get that much fiber and a bunch of the vitamins and minerals in there. A slice of turkey will cover protein content.

Quote:
2) Is there a creatine type worth taking that can be taken during cutting? I want the physical benefits but I don't want the muscle bloating hehe, but I don't think thats possible.
You can try creatine ethyl ester but it cost 2x of micronized creatine monohydrate and may bloat you anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:11 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I knew about the ester, but I wasn't sure if it was just a marketing ploy. It's hard with supplements to know whats worth taking besides multivitamins and protein. And the protein was negligible there, I was just looking for the omega-3's + fish oil benefits without the mercury from eating tons of fish.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:18 pm 

The only supps I'd highly recommend is multivitamin & fish oil. Protein is good for after lifting since you can get after acting protein to the muscles quickly. You can get 360 FO caps for 15-20 bucks.

Quote:
I knew about the ester, but I wasn't sure if it was just a marketing ploy.
It is a creatine and does work, and how overhyped it is makes it a marketing ploy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:29 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Ah, I've been putting lean protein shakes in between my meals to keep te metabolism rolling, and after workouts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:32 pm 

If you want to keep the metabolism at a steady state then you want to mix up some fats with carbs. Nuts, yogurt, veggies, peanut butter etc. then mix with some whole wheat pasta, bread, complex carbs, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:52 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I need it in a quickprep setup, shakes or nothing. The most I carry around otherwise is hard boiled eggs, its tough and I'm a really busy college student. So would you say muscle milk would be preferred over a lean protein? I know that has more fats and carbs mixed in with the protein.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:54 pm 

I'd say a couple scoops of protein w/ peanut butter would be just as good or even better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:01 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Have to try it, I have this stigma against fats, and I know it should just be a stigma against man made fats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:08 pm 

Quote:
Have to try it, I have this stigma against fats, and I know it should just be a stigma against man made fats.

Don't eat trans fats except for CLA and you are all good. Fats are healthy and are neccisary as apart of a diet.