ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:40 am 

my.apexfitness.com/uploads/Creatine_Ester_0607.pdf

Here's an interesting look at the EE vs. Mono. My only complaint is that the ph was 1 when the stomach I believe is somewhere around 3.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:17 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Well one thing I took from that is there is definitely different grades of quality in creatine. So technically you would need 6.125 grams per day versus the 5 grams? --edit: on CE2 that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I just buy good stuff, take 1 serving a day, and never spend more then a couple seconds a day thinking about creatine. I like the biotest. It works well as far as creatine goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:39 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Well, the Storm product I have from Universal Nutrition has CM in it, but I also bought CE2 because I managed to get a couple of the ce2/no2 stack bottle packs for 22$ each. I'm taking CE2 before + Shock Therapy preworkout for the energy, and then Storm post workout. I'm almost positive I'm pissing money away on some of this, but I am getting stronger. Last weeks session of benches have been some of my best thus far, but I'm not sure if its all in my head or the supplements are actually helping.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'd say it is all in your head but the creatine. Generally supplements that work are going to have caveats and side effects and not just be herbal stuff. Like prohormones or superdrol for example.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:00 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Well the no2 is definitely creating more vascularity, but to what benefit? I think none.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:25 pm 

Quote:
Well the no2 is definitely creating more vascularity, but to what benefit? I think none.
IDK if this is in my head or not but I took a NO product before and the first time I took it, it gave me a massive rush like I couldn't believe. Stronger, energy to lift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:32 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

NO product is an immediate thing, no wait. And its even better if its on an empty stomach so the arginine isn't competing, though you could've been taking something like say Shotgun, that has tons of caffeine in it as well. The arginine-akg is what creates the rush though, it makes going to lift more fun for me honestly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The NO stuff did nothing for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:41 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

A note Ironman, the product quality really really matters. Cheap stuff from walmart that I thought would work? Nada. NO2 from MRI? Hard muscles all the time, and a perpetual pump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, I did get cheap stuff from walmart. I'll try the MRI NO and give it a review. That would explain why some people love it and some people say it does nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:49 pm 

Quote:
A note Ironman, the product quality really really matters. Cheap stuff from walmart that I thought would work? Nada. NO2 from MRI? Hard muscles all the time, and a perpetual pump.
Remember not to follow that religously. Creatine is simple, find micronized creatine monohydrate, it's the same substance no matter where you go. Protein, get the most protein for the buck. NO I can understand why it would be sensible not to get walmart crap since different companies formulas will differ. And the greatest rule of them all, don't buy Muscletech.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:07 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

See but that article just proved that all CEE isnt the same, granted we're talking monohydrate, but even protein can differ depending on the cash you spend. And yeah muscletechs a scam, its either MRI, Universal Nutrition, or Optimum Nutrition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:40 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

brook011 wrote:
... granted we're talking monohydrate, but even protein can differ depending on the cash you spend. And yeah muscletechs a scam, its either MRI, Universal Nutrition, or Optimum Nutrition.

What's everyone's opinion on IDS Smart Gainer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:26 pm 

http://www.1fast400.com/?products_id=1888
$40 for 28 servings isn't the greatest buy. I'd recommend you get any protein which gets you the most protein for the buck, a tub of micronized creatine monohydrate, and then eat some foods to get you some added carbs for energy.

I got a tub of protein 68 servings of 25g for $30. Micronized creatine monohydrate 200 servings of 5g for $40. Then just an assortment of foods.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next