ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:29 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok, so I have some odd reports here. I have been taking nitrotech/cell tech now with good results for better than a month. However, I thought, why choke down this drink, when I could blend it with milk, bannana, peanut butter, and ice? So I started doing it, and it tasted like a butter finger blizzard from dairy queen. It was Really good. However, after a couple of days doing this, my lifts went to Sh..... I felt weak and got burned out really quick. Somebody suggested that I start eating more, because the protein had been filling me up, so I had only been having a couple of eggs here and there throught the day as opposed to my normal dozen a day + ground beef or chicken. So I started eating more again, no noticing much difference. Then I overheard somebody say that the protein works better with water, his son had said something to that effect. This is an old man that works here, who has a ton of ties to the powerlifting leagues. His son in law competes at the professional level in the strongman competitions, and one of his buddys, so he claims, is 185lbs bench pressing near to 500lbs...(I have to see that one first)

He does, however, follow that kind of thing, and he himself is very strong, so I took what he said and tried going back to water in my nitrotech. After two days of this, my energy was right back, and I felt great, although I was hitting the bathroom about 5 times a day. :eek:

Why would milk v. water make such a big difference in performance? It completely baffled me. Unless I'm just a little lactose intolerant and so my body wouldn't take the protein because of the milk....?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:23 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Probably the Carbs in the milk.

Im not to sure though, but ever since i started eating a high fat, high protein diet my energy is crazy, no crash after eating and and i feel nourished for twice as long.