ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:39 pm 
Novice
Novice

so the title pretty much says it all : What should I consume if i wanna gain body mass

ive been going to the gym everyday for almost a year now n the problem is.... my weight stayed at 160 lbs plus minus for like almost 4-5 months now... so i figured out this has to do wit my diet instead of how im working out.... suggestions anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:56 pm 

read through this thread.
http://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5903

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:55 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

What are you eating?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:01 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

I think the question really should be "how much" rather than "what" should I be eating. You're going to need a calorie surpus, with adequate protein and good fats. Start there, throw in fruits and vegetables, then start adding calories with grains, starches and legumes. I think you'll be fine. I wouldn't worry too much about fat, just don't sit down and eat a can of crisco or something like that. May want to limit processed foods and sugars.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:31 am 

Twizzlers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:39 am 

hoosegow wrote:
Twizzlers.

Deep fried by the pound.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:51 pm 

frankie123 wrote:
ive been going to the gym everyday for almost a year now n the problem is.... my weight stayed at 160 lbs plus minus for like almost 4-5 months now... so i figured out this has to do wit my diet instead of how im working out.

Okay, first off, I just want to thank whatever may be holy that someone actually figured this out on their own. Honestly there is hope for this world yet. And if your from America, take a bow and understand that you are light years ahead of other people your age. (Assuming your a teen.) Your brain works.

So now that is out of the way, Tim nailed it. Just double what your eating now. and try and get between 130-200 grams of protein, (200 being a level you work up to, starting there may be a bit much,) in addition to all the fruits and Veggies we all know you're eating now.

Dude your 160, unless your 5'4" you've got plenty of room for a bit of bulking fat, so eat like a moose, and evaluate fat levels in a month or two.

(If you are over the age of 26-29 you may have to be much more careful with body fat gain eating heavy, but if you are 18, your about to explode. Your body is producing massive amounts of hormones that will make you grow like a weed, all you need to do is give it fuel, food.)

EDITED

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:50 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Well you could always wolf down a Wendys triple w/cheese combo like I did tonight. With a diet coke of course.......:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:30 pm 
Novice
Novice

jps wrote:
Well you could always wolf down a Wendys triple w/cheese combo like I did tonight. With a diet coke of course.......:wink:

big mac works? lol

edit: no jokes..... big mac combo.... wit regular coke classic....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:35 am 
Novice
Novice

nygmen wrote:
frankie123 wrote:
ive been going to the gym everyday for almost a year now n the problem is.... my weight stayed at 160 lbs plus minus for like almost 4-5 months now... so i figured out this has to do wit my diet instead of how im working out.

Okay, first off, I just want to thank whatever may be holy that someone actually figured this out on their own. Honestly there is hope for this world yet. And if your from America, take a bow and understand that you are light years ahead of other people your age. (Assuming your a teen.) Your brain works.

So now that is out of the way, Tim nailed it. Just double what your eating now. and try and get between 130-200 grams of protein, (200 being a level you work up to, starting there may be a bit much,) in addition to all the fruits and Veggies we all know you're eating now.

Dude your 160, unless your 5'4" you've got plenty of room for a bit of bulking fat, so eat like a moose, and evaluate fat levels in a month or two.

(If you are over the age of 26-29 you may have to be much more careful with body fat gain eating heavy, but if you are 18, your about to explode. Your body is producing massive amounts of hormones that will make you grow like a weed, all you need to do is give it fuel, food.)

EDITED

i'm actually 5'9 lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:45 pm 
Novice
Novice

anyone? big macc meal + coke?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:49 pm 

frankie123 wrote:
anyone? big macc meal + coke?

I would go diet coke, no matter what. The sugar is pointless. And get another sandwich rather than eat any fries.

Otherwise, don't eat it all the time, but fastfood is great for bulking. Can't go wrong with 1,500 calories in one quick meal.

Just don't eat it all the time. Moderation is key.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:57 pm 
Novice
Novice

ehhh diet coke... not really my thing lol might as weell just go for bottle water... how much calories are in nuggets thats one of my favorite thing in micky deeze n im trying to keep it in low cost lol so just fries is koo haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:39 pm 

frankie123 wrote:
ehhh diet coke... not really my thing lol might as weell just go for bottle water... how much calories are in nuggets thats one of my favorite thing in micky deeze n im trying to keep it in low cost lol so just fries is koo haha

Can you translate the above into English for me?

http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritio ... stomize.do

Go here and stay away from Fries and full sugar soda.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:14 pm 
Novice
Novice

^^^^
sorry for my run on sentence if it bothered you lol. i just dont feel like typing out the punctuation. lol lazzzzzy