ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:42 am 
Novice
Novice

So with the recession i guess we're all looking to save a few pennies here and there but what price do we actually pay for some of these apparent bargains?

Are the big name brands worth the extra cash? I know some of you guys in the U.S swear by Biotest products but they are way overpriced here in Ireland (and U.K). Optimum nutrition, Maximuscle, Phd etc are all products that i have looked at but I recently was directed to this product

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/product.ph ... stantised_

I ordered some and am awaiting delivery, just wanted to get some opinions, i mean its 80% protein, low fat/carbs etc... I guess i'm interested to see would other guys (and gals) here use this or do you think cheap bulk products like this are inferior quality? surely most whey proteins would be comparible in amino acid content right?

They also have creapure micronized creatine and all the extra goodies that supplement junkies drool over!

Would i be better sticking with branded products or is this stuff usable?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:19 am 

That looks about the same as what I normally use:

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/bulk-powders ... y-protein/

I normally get 2.5kg chocolate smoothie flavour for [1 million dollars].00, but the unflavoured stuff's cheaper. I've never heard of that site before but it looks cheap. I'm happy with myprotein's supplements, they have a good reputation and don't find anything wrong with it.

Edit: I have heard of that site actually, just never been on there. That and myprotein are well known for good cheap supplements, I might look at it for my next order although i have a lot of MP points racking up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:29 am 
Novice
Novice

Yeah, i was actually using myprotein for a while now, but living in ireland meant i kept having 'logistical' issues with them, this is my first order from this other place, just to see if they're any better for delivery, if not i'll be back ordering from myprotein again, they are great in my opinion, and in case your interested, the mpmax true way is unbelievable for taste!!! i prefer it to their bulk whey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:39 am 
n00b
n00b

I used to get maximuscle products from http://www.fitnessireland.ie/. Its an irish site so no logistical problems, in fact delivery was very quick (around 2 days). They sell other brands too.

The price was good, at least it was much cheaper than I ever saw in a shop. That said, it is still an expensive product and im sure other more qualified users here will inform us as to whether the cheaper brands are as good.

Keep us posted on your new site if its any good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:54 pm 

To me protein is protein. It comes down to taste. you do get a bunch of extra fat and carbs from some other stuff, but just make your decision on what tastes good. There is some pretty awful tasting stuff out there. But then again, you English and Irish are used to awful tasting food. :lol: