Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Plateau and supplements
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:16 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Hi guys,

Been a while since I been on but started training in October 08. I'm 172cm tall, weighed 87kg and had a reading of almost 20% body fat. I'm now a much healthier 79kg, bf of 13% which I am quite pleased with. I seem to be carrying all of my fat on my abdominal area. I still have a large gut and it's starting to look out of proportion to the rest of me, also I haven't been losing any fat for the past few weeks.

Up to now I have avoided supplements, using just food to get my results however now I feel it is time to bring some fat burners into my routine. I have heard CLA is good at reducing abdominal fat when combined with training and a good diet but it has very mixed reviews. Ideally, I would like to get down to between 8-10% bf for definition but it's looking unachieveable at the minute!

Can anyone recommend a good supplement that I can take to help me burn the excess fat but not break the bank?

Many thanks,

Aaron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:30 pm 

Caffeine can have an added effect. But that's assuming you arn't a heavy coffee/caffeine user. Always can stack it with ephedrine hcl, you can buy online at a pretty good price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:08 am 

ironmaiden708 wrote:
Always can stack it with ephedrine hcl, you can buy online at a pretty good price.

That stuff is illegal in the US right? (doc posting his weight in kg leads me to believe that its not a problem for him, but I'm curious)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:29 pm 

Nope, ephedra is when put into diet pills but it's not actually illegal. It is more or less tightly regulated at this point.