ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:51 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Just thought I would post this Blog, which is an extract from a book by Dr Eades (proteinpower.com)

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/20 ... rated-fat/

It stirred up a bit of controversy, and, the comments section includes some great discussions, which Dr Eades posts a lot in. Any questions anyone would have on that blog post will have been asked and answered in the comments section.

I like it particulary because, in the UK they're doing this big campaign to warn you off Saturated Fat. There's TV ads, bill boards, newspaper ads. And actually, if they're doing anything, they will just be making things worse - if you look at the research, anyway, but for some reason, they can't seem to do that. Interestingly by making things worse or by not making them any better, prescription drugs will remain highly dependable and therefore, profitable. Just 'throwing it out there' ya know.

Recently i've been eating a lot more fat, particularly saturated. Life has got in the way and interrupted my normal plan so i've been eating A LOT of full FAT milk and full FAT yogurt and I eat lots of meat and eggs anyway. As soon as I started doing this I almost instantly felt great. I know that sounds strange and it's not like I felt like crap before this (i didn't) but, it's like that feeling when you've had plenty of sleep, but not too much, and it's a nice day, and you just feel like going out and doing something - explore, go on an adventure, get drunk, train for as long as you please, all of the above, whatever. I'll probably stick to a higher fat intake, I think.

It's interesting that FAT makes you feel good, but carbs make you feel like crap - well, the processed grain based carbs that govements recommend do anyway.

KPj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:43 am 

The low fat crowd is suffering from collective cognitive dissonance and are regrouping being their self-justifications. Expect even greater backlash in the future as they go through their death throws. Unfortunately it will be some time before the uninitiated comes to grips with the fact that this increase in advertising is merely to support a policy that is crumbling. I used to be in the temp industry. I know from experience that when a company starts spending ridiculous amounts on radio and billboard advertising and temporary help, it often masks a desperate effort to salvage a sinking ship. That's when we started asking for cash payments. The low fat industry is at that stage now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:13 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Get drunk, lol yes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:13 pm 

good article, from now on I'm going to put butter in my coffee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:22 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I noticed eating lots of fatty stuff makes my mind more crisp also. Not just guacamole, peanut butter, and fish, but also pizza and bacon.