Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nutritionplan
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:04 am 
Novice
Novice

Hello folks!

As the title already states im looking for an ideal nutritionplan for a strength training. Beside making it optimal to gain muscle mass i have also a desire to gain some bodyfat (IN A HEALTHY WAY!!!).

Also i would like to know what you think about olive oil.
Is it good? When "too much"? Where should i be careful?

how can i keep a 1:1(:1 saturated fats) ratio of omega 3s and omega 6s at my best? (i heard that if the ratio is unequal it causes damage in human body)

Thx for all answers
Jeannay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:32 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Olive Oil is a good choice for a general purpose oil. You can use it liberally but I don't think there is a lot of benefit of large doses just for the sake of taking more.

I think Saturated fats have been given a bad rap and are the key to building muscle. Butter, meat, coconut oil are all good sources of Sat fat.

Avoid Omega 6 from seed oils and margarines. You will get enough just from normal food as it is in everything. By limiting Omega 6, getting a 1:1 ratio of O6:O3 is easy. Just eat fish on a regular basis and supplement with fish oil. Ideally you want your O6 to be less than 4g/day. This is vastly lower than the typical diet but is in line with populations that don't consume seed products.

One of the best nutrition plans written specifically for gaining lean muscle is the Anabolic Diet. It's essentially a common sense low carb approach but involves consuming large qtys of food. Once a week it incorporates a carb loading period that is supposed to help in building muscle. The rest of the week the body is in ketosis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:38 am 
Novice
Novice

Yeah i know, i already heard about the low carb nutrition, BUT can fat replace all functions in body of carbs? The reason why i ask this is because, im not a whole (i believe)grown-up (18) and i dont want to take away something.

Also i have interest(beside muscle mass) to gain some body fat, shall i combine for this goal much carbs with fat and then stop with it and start the "anabolic" diet?^^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:45 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

you don't need carbs, but you should be getting some, expecially since you want to gain some fat.

What i'm doing is similar to what your asking. I try to eat this everyday:
Fat: 260g
Carbs: 150-200g
Protein: 210g

Thats 4000 calories.

Of course I don't get that and its hard to eat 260g of fat, when you have very little time to cook.

I'm also 18.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:03 pm 
Novice
Novice

@jebus:

What is your main nutrition, (where u get all those fat from)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:40 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Getting fat grams is easy. Man just this morning I woke up like 2 hours earlier than I needed to get up cause it felt like my stomach was eating itself - I rolled out of bed, drank probably 3 tablespoons of olive oil and went soundly back to sleep. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:05 pm 
Novice
Novice

yeah but are there any other great sources of fat except olive oils? i search especially for saturated fat resources

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:09 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I get my fat from nuts, meat, cheese, butter, olive oil and eggs.

The hamburgurs that I buy have like 30g of fat and also the bacon I buy has allot of fat and low sodium(maple flavoured).

Plus dark chocolate has got allot of saturated fat (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:29 pm 

Jeannay wrote:
yeah but are there any other great sources of fat except olive oils? i search especially for saturated fat resources

Butter, meat, coconut oil.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:55 am 
Novice
Novice

coconut oil is also known as coconutfat right? If im right then i have a question: I have only found one product of coconutfat , which contains also "hardened" (dont know how its in english) coconutfat. Is it a thing to care about or not? I heard once "hardened" fats = trans fats , i donĀ“t know if its true.

My actual nutrition consists mainly of much oatmeal, butter, salmon, olive oil, Walnuts, eggs, curd, cheese, fruits (bananas and kiwis), meat(chicken, turkey, beef) and some grit, yeast- free bread. i try to eat in 2 hour intervals. Is there something important to add?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:13 am 

Coconut oil or fat (same thing). like butter and lard, are saturated fats. They are naturally solid at room temperature. These have been unfairly grouped with trans fats but are what you need.

Any fat made from polyunsaturates that are hard are what you need to stay away from. This would include margarine and shortening. It's the artificial hardening that creates the transfats. It's best to avoid all oils and fats that come from seeds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:30 pm 
Novice
Novice

Ok and what are good carbohydrate- resources?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:23 pm 

Jeannay wrote:
Ok and what are good carbohydrate- resources?

http://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4073