ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:08 pm 
Offline
Associate Member
Associate Member

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:55 am
Posts: 468
Location: Seattle
jps wrote:
burger king $1 double cheeseburgers

I take those every day so I don't get a deficiency


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:55 am 
Offline
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:49 am
Posts: 3474
Multi vit,
Vit D
Fishoil
Creatine

I have a Whey powder which I use sparingly. I used to have shakes religiously but now-a-days I just drink milk....

Worth mentioning that I drink shakes that the gym sell before/during a workout as I normally get them for free. I wouldn't buy them but when they're free they're amazing.

KPj


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:26 am 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 4:31 pm
Posts: 613
Whey/Caesin
Dextrose
Creatine
ZMA
Fish Oil

Was thinking about trying some Tribulus but don't think it's worth it. But then again I said that about ZMA before I tried it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:21 am 
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:44 pm
Posts: 226
fish oil, and whey on days that I think my protein intake is too low.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:36 pm 
Offline
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:46 pm
Posts: 1455
Whey
Casein
Greens powder
Omega 3
CLA
Multivit
Calcium
Vitamin E


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:19 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:20 am
Posts: 778
jml wrote:
jps wrote:
burger king $1 double cheeseburgers

I take those every day so I don't get a deficiency


My post-workout meal when I was bulking was:

4 double cheeseburgers
2 large frys
diet coke(for figure reasons, of course!)
and random sauces (hm, bbq, ketchup, ranch)


Bulking is fun when you do it dirty :>

Now I'm cutting though, so I get none of that :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:34 pm 
Offline
Associate Member
Associate Member

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:21 pm
Posts: 397
Location: Florida panhandle
NightFaLL wrote:
jml wrote:
jps wrote:
burger king $1 double cheeseburgers

I take those every day so I don't get a deficiency


My post-workout meal when I was bulking was:

4 double cheeseburgers
2 large frys
diet coke(for figure reasons, of course!)
and random sauces (hm, bbq, ketchup, ranch)


Bulking is fun when you do it dirty :>

Now I'm cutting though, so I get none of that :(


No diet for me just yet....I want to go until the end of March, maybe April. Then I'll clean things up a bit...not really a cut, but just eat a little cleaner. Of course that all depends on my belly too....keeping a close eye on it and plans may change sooner. Don't know if I can take too much more fat there....lol.

I tell you...you just can't beat 2 or 3 BK $1 doubles. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:40 pm 
Offline
Senior Member
Senior Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:51 pm
Posts: 1802
Location: Mass, USA
Whey blend
multi
fish oil
phsyillum husk fiber (yes sir, the good stuff.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:29 pm 
Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:20 am
Posts: 778
jps wrote:
NightFaLL wrote:
jml wrote:
jps wrote:
burger king $1 double cheeseburgers

I take those every day so I don't get a deficiency


My post-workout meal when I was bulking was:

4 double cheeseburgers
2 large frys
diet coke(for figure reasons, of course!)
and random sauces (hm, bbq, ketchup, ranch)


Bulking is fun when you do it dirty :>

Now I'm cutting though, so I get none of that :(


No diet for me just yet....I want to go until the end of March, maybe April. Then I'll clean things up a bit...not really a cut, but just eat a little cleaner. Of course that all depends on my belly too....keeping a close eye on it and plans may change sooner. Don't know if I can take too much more fat there....lol.

I tell you...you just can't beat 2 or 3 BK $1 doubles. :wink:


Well I'm going down to south padres for spring break here soon, otherwise I wouldn't have started yet either.

4 weeks out and I need to lose about 10-12 to be down to 8% bodyfat. Have my diet/exercise plan on lock heh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:00 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 292
Olive oil
Fish oil
Flaxseed oil
Mulit-vit
Co Q10
Vita C
Whey


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:45 am 
Offline
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:46 pm
Posts: 1455
Now the line between supplement and food is getting blurry. Most mornings I drink 2 tablespoons of raw olive oil, but I wasn't considering that a supplement... :-/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:30 pm 
Offline
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 8:43 am
Posts: 5247
Location: New Jersey
frogbyte wrote:
Now the line between supplement and food is getting blurry. Most mornings I drink 2 tablespoons of raw olive oil, but I wasn't considering that a supplement... :-/


Yeah, I'm half Italian. Olive oil isn't a supplement, it's a food staple.

Peter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:53 pm 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:54 pm
Posts: 102
Location: farmington, mi, usa
never took anything for the longest time - but then again, i wasn't very serious about it for the longest time.

now i take:
- Vitamin D (doctor's orders)
- Omega-3/fish oil
- Whey protein shakes


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:47 pm 
Offline
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:23 pm
Posts: 292
My bad, I guess i should have paid more attention to the topic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:05 pm 
Offline
moderator
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 am
Posts: 7503
Location: Kudjip, Papua New Guinea
Why, Bob? Your post was straight on topic.

What I think is interesting is that it seems that vary few of us are using marginal un-proven supplements. No one mentioned the expensive, commercially-prepared combination supplements like the ones so heavily promoted on certain popular web sites.

We just received some boxes that we shipped to ourselves from the US back in Juy. I'm now well-stocked on my fish oil and glucosamine.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group