ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:49 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:30 am
Posts: 89
hmmmm.... this thread has got me a little concerned, i have a litre bottle that is practically glued to my hand and most days i could easily refill it 5 times or more.

I didn't think the water toxicity thing was that common, maybe i'm overdoing it slightly!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:11 am 
Offline
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:49 am
Posts: 3475
dale2177 wrote:
hmmmm.... this thread has got me a little concerned, i have a litre bottle that is practically glued to my hand and most days i could easily refill it 5 times or more.

I didn't think the water toxicity thing was that common, maybe i'm overdoing it slightly!


I don't think that's all that much. I've always got a 1.5litre bottle which I refill constantly. I reckon I get 4-5 litres per day, not including water from tea/coffee. I've only ever noticed good things from it.

KPj


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:49 am 
Offline
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:46 pm
Posts: 1455
Water toxicity happens when you drink purified desalinated water. Natural water is full of mineral content.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:04 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 3987
You can get it with any water that doesn't have salt in it. You have to drink a large quantity in a short period of time though. It is very hard to do.

It's not a toxicity so much as it just dilutes your sodium levels.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:01 am 
Offline
moderator
moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:11 am
Posts: 7503
Location: Kudjip, Papua New Guinea
Yeah, but the accepted term for it is "water toxicity".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:07 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 3987
Jungledoc wrote:
Yeah, but the accepted term for it is "water toxicity".


Yea, I know. I was just pointing out that the name is a little misleading.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2


All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group