Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:05 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Jebus wrote:
Since were on the subject of meat, do any of you guys eat the fat off of pork? (The really saturated part)

Are you implying that some cuts have more saturated fat than others?

I try to never throw away meat - I think it's disrespectful. I sometimes won't eat weird fascia-type material if it's hard to chew or something though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:25 am 

KPj wrote:
Someone far more wise than me, I think it may have been Dan John but not sure, said something like "before the 70's, Fat was just the juicy bits on meat".

WHen i lived with my parents I had similar problems. They looked at me like I was taking steriods when I mixed up a shake. I actually 'smuggled' my shaker etc to my room to take my pre bed shake because they thought it was really bad to eat late at night - if I ate at 9-10pm I would get lectured.

Any time I got ill - maybe once a year - It would be "all those chemicals you're putting in your body". (meaning the protein shakes)

I would buy my own eggs so they couldn't track how many eggs I was eating because, you know, more than 3 eggs per week and your arteries will simply explode.

No chance in hell would I have shown them Creatine. They probably would of thrown me out the house.

It's just part of the joys of separating yourself from the average. Typically, the more criticism and general disgust you provoke from people who don't train, the better you're probably doing.

KPj

I have a similar experience with my friends and family as well. When I was using creatine way back in the day, I was "roiding up". Then I got really upset at something stupid one time and my family was convinced I was on steroids, even though I wasn't doing the stereotypical roid rage breaking anything or beating on people, I was just yelling. God forbid I just get mad about something. Anytime I tell anyone I know about my low carbism (which was really eliminating sugars and white flour) I'd get a lecture, and so on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:28 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

frogbyte wrote:
Jebus wrote:
Since were on the subject of meat, do any of you guys eat the fat off of pork? (The really saturated part)

Are you implying that some cuts have more saturated fat than others?

I try to never throw away meat - I think it's disrespectful. I sometimes won't eat weird fascia-type material if it's hard to chew or something though.

I meant the pure fat, I'm sure some cuts have more saturated fat than others though.

Also, I agree, it is such a waste of nutrients to throw it away when it can satisfy someone for a such long peroid of time.

And they tell us to think of the starving kids in africa when WE throw away food.... like bread and stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:28 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Rucifer wrote:
KPj wrote:
Someone far more wise than me, I think it may have been Dan John but not sure, said something like "before the 70's, Fat was just the juicy bits on meat".

WHen i lived with my parents I had similar problems. They looked at me like I was taking steriods when I mixed up a shake. I actually 'smuggled' my shaker etc to my room to take my pre bed shake because they thought it was really bad to eat late at night - if I ate at 9-10pm I would get lectured.

Any time I got ill - maybe once a year - It would be "all those chemicals you're putting in your body". (meaning the protein shakes)

I would buy my own eggs so they couldn't track how many eggs I was eating because, you know, more than 3 eggs per week and your arteries will simply explode.

No chance in hell would I have shown them Creatine. They probably would of thrown me out the house.

It's just part of the joys of separating yourself from the average. Typically, the more criticism and general disgust you provoke from people who don't train, the better you're probably doing.

KPj

I have a similar experience with my friends and family as well. When I was using creatine way back in the day, I was "roiding up". Then I got really upset at something stupid one time and my family was convinced I was on steroids, even though I wasn't doing the stereotypical roid rage breaking anything or beating on people, I was just yelling. God forbid I just get mad about something. Anytime I tell anyone I know about my low carbism (which was really eliminating sugars and white flour) I'd get a lecture, and so on.

i get that too, i had a tub of protein and my dad thought it was steroids! Imagine steroids came in huge big tub like protein does.

and where does that thing about eating late at night come from? Everyone seems to think it, i just don't get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:20 am 

robertscott wrote:
and where does that thing about eating late at night come from? Everyone seems to think it, i just don't get it.

I have no idea. A part of me dies inside whenever someone tells me "i've cut out all the fat from my diet and I'm not eating anything after 6pm".

I've heard it a million times. Interestingly I've never heard it from anyone who works night shift.

KPj