It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:22 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Ironman wrote:
Jebus wrote:
frogbyte wrote:
I would point out there is no contradiction between sugar not filling you up and being able to consume lots of it, and the fact that sweetness obsession is unnatural. (Citing evolutionary ancestors that lived on sugar is completely irrelevant.) I'd encourage anyone to give it a try - cut out sugar/sweets entirely for at least a couple weeks. It's not purely theoretical, and it's certainly not wrong in that sense, as it was helpful in turning my health around.

So are you saying that based on your anecdotal evidence, liking, "sweet," things is unnatural?

There is so much to consider here, the fact that WE know what is healthy, yet most people don't and i'm sure our ancestors didn't either. They ate what ever they wanted and/or could get. I'm sure they would risk getting bee stings by smoking (killing the bees), a beehive for the rich tasting honey.

Also by saying that humans like sweet things, it seems like you think that it rules out the liking of other tastes/foods.

It is natural for humans to like food, whether it be sweet, sour, meaty, w/e.

"Citing evolutionary ancestors that lived on sugar is completely irrelevant."

That sentence doesn't even make sense... What group of humans lived off sugar? Humans have been eating more than just carbs... Plus it is relevant that our ancestors have been eating fruit for a long ass time.

I just want to point out that, I don't have a craving for sugary foods. But that doesnt change the fact that I like the taste of sweet things. Which is probably natural to like, because I have tastebuds.

That's what he said, but I don't think that's what he meant. If you look at his last post, it's more clear and I think he is just saying having strong cravings for sweets isn't normal, rather than just wanting to eat sweets not being natural.

So I think it just didn't come out right the first time, but he's got the right idea.

Yeah, I realize that, and I'll edit my other post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:55 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Most of these nutrition discussions are splitting hairs because exrx people have done their homework. My point was more directed to any possible lurkers stumbling on these threads, or to anyone out there still consuming the average American extremely high sugar diet:

There may be some withdrawal time frame, but constantly wanting sweets is not normal and will mostly go away if you just break the addictive cycle.