It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:07 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

frigginwizard wrote:
robertscott wrote:
my favourite one is when I'm sitting eating chicken breasts and broccoli, and one of my work colleagues says:

"Eating all that meat'll make you fat one day"

Um, when?

ya, I hear that stuff all the time. All the chicken I eat is gonna give me a heart attack and deadlifting is going to throw my back out. I guess I'm screwed.

yeah man and half the folk I work with are as obese as it gets. I'm sitting there with a tupperware box with 2 grilled chicken breasts and a ton of broccoli all olive oiled up, and folk say things like: "Oh I wish I could eat healthy but it's just so hard."

I'm thinking, "I know fatty, but just get on with it nobody WANTS to eat a couple of grilled chicken breasts for lunch but if you're trying to shed those pounds then just take it like a man. Get yourself a cheat day when you're ripped."

Rubs me the wrong way that does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:06 pm 

frigginwizard wrote:
ya, I hear that stuff all the time. All the chicken I eat is gonna give me a heart attack and deadlifting is going to throw my back out. I guess I'm screwed.
And squatting is destroying your knees. We might as well plan your funeral now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:51 pm 

I like the ones where people say "You don't have to watch what you eat, you're not even fat".

Why do you think I'm not fat? I watch what I eat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:55 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXTq2_3LfXM

some naughty words, but I love this piece he does.
Seems applicable to some comments here

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:36 am 

I am glad that this article points out who the sponsors are of the American Dietetic Association so we can truly see how corrupt this organization is, and how similar "great" organizations (American Cancer Society) preach the same failed crap as they have been forever. I will never trust a big bureaucratic organization on health matters ever again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:44 am 

What a hero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:26 am 

Jungledoc wrote:
frigginwizard wrote:
And squatting is destroying your knees. We might as well plan your funeral now.

haha, I almost wish squatting was bad for my knees. I need an excuse to never do that exercise again.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rucifer wrote:
I am glad that this article points out who the sponsors are of the American Dietetic Association so we can truly see how corrupt this organization is, and how similar "great" organizations (American Cancer Society) preach the same failed crap as they have been forever. I will never trust a big bureaucratic organization on health matters ever again!

Don't take it to an extreme though. Just because there has been some corruption does not mean every organization is like that, nor does it mean everything they do is bad. You should take it on a case by case basis. Of course it depends on how you define trust, because being skeptical is usually a good thing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:58 pm 

Ironman wrote:
Rucifer wrote:

Don't take it to an extreme though. Just because there has been some corruption does not mean every organization is like that, nor does it mean everything they do is bad. You should take it on a case by case basis. Of course it depends on how you define trust, because being skeptical is usually a good thing.

True. I think I was just upset that something known as the "American Dietetic Assocation" could ever have a sponsor such as the ones listed and sleep at night. It's like a tobacco company sponsoring a lung cancer association.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's only human we all get a little upset about that sort of thing, me included.