Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: bulking diet
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:13 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

stuward wrote:
If you make your own, you can control what goes in it.

also, a basic, tomatoey sauce is the easiest thing to cook in the world. Literally. Get a tin of chopped tomatoes, some onions, garlic and anything else you want to add and there it is. As long as you've got the tomatoes, onion and garlic you can add pretty much anything else you want.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:22 am 
Novice
Novice

robertscott wrote:
stuward wrote:
If you make your own, you can control what goes in it.

also, a basic, tomatoey sauce is the easiest thing to cook in the world. Literally. Get a tin of chopped tomatoes, some onions, garlic and anything else you want to add and there it is. As long as you've got the tomatoes, onion and garlic you can add pretty much anything else you want.

I would actually tend to make a sauce like that when im making spaghetti bolugnese although I dont think that its the nicest on chicken:)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:29 am 
Novice
Novice

http://img14.imageshack.us/g/2309081651 ... 31221.jpg/

Think that should be the link to the pictures guys...cheers

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:32 am 

You should probably take some full body pics, but honestly that looks like fat around the organs - you should look in to the beer consumption, as I'd be willing to bet it's a big part of it - moreso than the rest of your diet.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:47 pm 

Yah, that's a pot belly. That's the dangerous kind of abdominal fat. You do need to get a handle on it. Eliminate sugar of all kinds. It's really the fructose you need to eliminate but it's usually found paired with glucose. Beer contributes as well. You're already eating eggs. That's good. Add liver once in a while. Watch out for processed foods. Protein shakes are OK but generally eliminate anything that comes in a box. Starch is OK in moderation. It breaks down to glucose but that shouldn't cause an issue.

The good news is that it's easier to get rid of than the muffin top type of fat. At the same time, you'll improve your triglycerides and reduce you risk of a heart attack.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:30 pm 
Novice
Novice

stuward wrote:
Yah, that's a pot belly. That's the dangerous kind of abdominal fat. You do need to get a handle on it. Eliminate sugar of all kinds. It's really the fructose you need to eliminate but it's usually found paired with glucose. Beer contributes as well. You're already eating eggs. That's good. Add liver once in a while. Watch out for processed foods. Protein shakes are OK but generally eliminate anything that comes in a box. Starch is OK in moderation. It breaks down to glucose but that shouldn't cause an issue.

The good news is that it's easier to get rid of than the muffin top type of fat.

So would you say that weight gain shakes would be a big no no then?, as I said before I wouldnt be a fan of liver so what would be a good alternative? I cook all my food fresh and avoid processed food i'd maybe get a chinese or some sort of takeaway at the weekend but thats about it, I usually also have a large meal before bed so as my muscles dont starve through the night could this contribute? I am definitely going to try my best to cut the sugar intake....Thanks very much for your help guys this site is a godsend and I really appreciate the time people take to give help it really is much appreciated :)

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:00 pm 

You can make your own weight gain shakes. Include whey and whipping cream, add an egg if you want. Cream is better than milk because there's no sugar. Keep the fruit and sugar out of your shakes and out of your diet. Post workout you can use corn sugar (dextrose) or maltodextrin in your shake. Check out the home brew centres. They put this in beer.

Think hard about eliminating the take aways. There are other things in take out food you need to be aware of. Omega 6 can contribute to your problem. That's found largely in margarine and vegetable oil. Restaurants use those a lot since their afraid of saturated fats and cholesterol. In fact you need both of these. The other thing in take out food is MSG. This has too many side effect to go into.

You can skip liver if you increase your egg yolk to 6 per day. You need the choline that these contain.

I wouldn't worry about the late meal as long as you avoid the harmful foods.

In a nutshell:
Avoid sugar, especially fructose, omega 6 (vegetable oils), MSG, alcohol (OK in moderation)
Add egg yolks or whole eggs and saturated fats for energy.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:04 am 
Novice
Novice

stuward wrote:
You can make your own weight gain shakes. Include whey and whipping cream, add an egg if you want. Cream is better than milk because there's no sugar. Keep the fruit and sugar out of your shakes and out of your diet. Post workout you can use corn sugar (dextrose) or maltodextrin in your shake. Check out the home brew centres. They put this in beer.

Think hard about eliminating the take aways. There are other things in take out food you need to be aware of. Omega 6 can contribute to your problem. That's found largely in margarine and vegetable oil. Restaurants use those a lot since their afraid of saturated fats and cholesterol. In fact you need both of these. The other thing in take out food is MSG. This has too many side effect to go into.

You can skip liver if you increase your egg yolk to 6 per day. You need the choline that these contain.

I wouldn't worry about the late meal as long as you avoid the harmful foods.

In a nutshell:
Avoid sugar, especially fructose, omega 6 (vegetable oils), MSG, alcohol (OK in moderation)
Add egg yolks or whole eggs and saturated fats for energy.

I have been using dextrose, I would usually mix bannanas and ice cream, honey, whey and peanut butter in my shakes but i will start using the cream and egg yolks and maybe get choline in supplement form. Thanks again for ur help pal.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Stephens wrote:
Bulking diet is not good for health and after having bulky diet we feel some pressure and don't feel relax and easy. So it is better to eat normal and balance diet. What do you people think?

I think you are probably quite disappointed that you can't post any links.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:46 am 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

:cheers:

he's working on it.

Stuward,
I wish I had the discipline to follow your recommendations. I blame me.. but also an overweight wife who is unwilling to change her habits

Also, your Whipping Cream suggestions got me looking at Half n Half. No sugar. Seems like a good bet. I'll get some of that sweetner you mention as well, instead of adding honey to my post workout oatmeal

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:59 am 

Oscar, I wish I had the discipline as well. Knowing what to do is not the same as doing it. I do try though.

Dextrose, as I mentioned is pure glucose and is used by the whole body. It requires insulin to clear it from the blood so it has a high GI. It's good for post workout for that reason. It isn't as sweet as table sugar since fructose is twice as sweet as glucose.

Another point about sugar is that it compromises the immune system. Fructose is the worse but all carbs do this to some extent. It takes several hours for this effect to subside.