ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:10 am 
n00b
n00b

I was approached by one of the instructors in the gym today. At first I thought he just saw something wrong with the way I lift or maybe he will just teach me some techniques but to cut the story short. I was shocked by how the conversation ended. I'm not sure if he's convincing me to take steroids or just giving me an idea about the "wonders" I can get from it. Which made me think....To "Roids" or Not To "Roids"?

Any good thread you can share guys while I research thoroughly regarding this topic.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Judging by your previous posts, I would say you are not ready for that yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:11 am 
n00b
n00b

You probably might be right Ironman.....I must admit it entered my mind a couple of times.... It's an easy gain right but the consequences is catastrophic.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:21 am 

I assume that they guy who approached you is willing to sell you some stuff?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:27 am 

Some trainers make more money selling drugs than by actually training. I expect that's the case here.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:55 pm 
n00b
n00b

Yup you got that right, at first I amost said yes to the offer but the negative effects made me think twice. My goal is just to gained enough muscle for my built (maybe use for 3 months). "Juice" will give that easily right but I really have no idea about it and after reading a few threads. I was amazed about the stuff out there and the controversy with it. And know I'm really really lost.......:( To "Roids" or Not To "Roids"?......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:20 am 

If you are over 25 and use them, not abuse them, the harmful effects are negligible. If you are under 25, don't be stupid - avoid them. The only other question is the cost and risk of going to jail worth you getting 'there' a little bit quicker?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:00 pm 

hoosegow wrote:
If you are over 25 and use them, not abuse them, the harmful effects are negligible. If you are under 25, don't be stupid - avoid them. The only other question is the cost and risk of going to jail worth you getting 'there' a little bit quicker?

First if someone thinks roids make it easy....you aren't ready for them. Roids give you the ability to kick your own ass unlike ever seen before cause of gains you make and your recovery time being a lot fast. I have seen people gain like crazy and the negative side effects are definitely WAY overhyped.

Some people have acne. Some people go bald. No way in hell will steroids make you a bald headed acne monster if you take care of yourself.

If you are jacked and most everyone thinks you are huge and you are hitting plateaus everywhere and thats with correct dieting supplementing and cardio and you can't seem to break that barrier any way you try I would say try them but know its illegal because people are morons.

You would think they would make ciggarettes illegal. Idiots.

Kyle Chandler