ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:12 am 
former lurker

So I met a girl a few months ago playing racquetball. Over time, we developed a relationship and have started dating. The first time I ever played her, she ended up winning 2 games to 1. I beat her handily the first game and the start of the second. Halfway through the game I hit some kind of wall and she ended up winning that game and eventually the match. Now every time that I play her, it seems like that wall keeps rearing its ugly head and I can't get over the hump to beat her, even when we play cutthroat with another person. It's not that she's better than me, because playing the same opponents that beat her easily I beat handily when I play them. It just has to do with her for some reason. Any ideas on how to get over this mental block when playing her?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:36 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

mate, take it like a man. So your missus beats you at racquetball? I think by trying your hardest to beat her you're kind of missing the point of having a shared activity with your partner...

I always let my missus beat me at pool, she thinks she's a shark but really i just deliberately choke on the black every time. Makes her happy and her happy=me happy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:57 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sometimes your own playing style matches up badly against other players' styles. It may be that you're the better overall player, but if she beats you head-to-head, then simply put she's better than you.