ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:31 am 
former lurker

Hey,

I have a problem attaining the right shoulder position during bench press. After retracting my scapula and performing a set of bench press, I observe the following -

1. My neck gets deviated to the left during the bench press and I can feel soreness on the right side after the set.

2. The medial border of my left scapula feels more prominent as compared to the right

3. I feel that my right scapula is more lateral compared to the left and is interfering with the motion of my right arm.

Earlier, I thought it was due to lack of shoulder mobility &/or weakness of the serratus anterior so since the last 3 weeks I have been performing scapular wall slides, shoulder dislocates and strengthening exercises for Serratus anterior, rhomboids and trapezius as advised by a physiotherapist.
These exercises have improved my ability to hold the bar properly in case of the squat.

However, I have not seen any improvement in case of the bench press.

Please help.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:00 pm 
n00b
n00b

I don't know enough about anatomy to answer these questions. i can only give you my ideas.

I know part of the pec minor is connected to the scapula, could there be a difference in mobility between your left and right? So try stretching your pecs more maybe?

idk i can't really help, i just want to answer more because this forum isnt very active.