ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:15 pm 
n00b
n00b

I am interessted about anaerobic trainings for sailors, some recommendation or something...?!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:25 pm 

Not sure what you mean.

Are you talking about something you can do on a ship?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:39 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Hi. I read your entry on the exrcize science board, and was a bit interested, and did a search on training for sailing. The only thing I could come up with was training in terms of skills, navigation, etcetera. However, sailing , in general, would require lots of GPP, general physical proparednes, especially with strength endurance in mind, using the whole body as one unit rather than focusing in on one muscle group over others. Also, in this post, you mentioned "dinghly". Well, to me that indicates lots of rowing. Any type of rowing, either on a mchine or actually in a dinghy or skiff would provide lots of that You could always supplement that with general exercises, like barbell or dumbell rows,clean and press, squats, and of course chins/pullups. I would advise you to look over at http://www.crossfit.com They are into all types o activities, rowing included, and their type of training is GPP oriented. You would do well to look it over, and maybe post over there on their boards. I'm sure there are some sailor types that use the crossfit methods that could help you out.
Good training

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]