ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fat Burning
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:06 pm 
former lurker

I run regularly and do weight training. I am looking to lower my total body fat percentage by about 5%. Should I run more or do more weights? My immediate goals don't include lifting any more weight than I am now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:27 pm 

Assuming your routines for cardio and lifting are in order, the next step is to reduce calories a bit.

This assumes you want to lose weight in order to decrease bodyfat, since you say you dont want to get stronger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:46 pm 
That's 5% out of how much? Say if you only have five % bodyfat, then you should go shoot yourself. If you have 50 then then you want to cut on candy just like Ryan says.

If you are not a total beginner, it may be hard to gain much muscle while you lose (fat) weight. I understand it so that weight training while trimming down is mostly to keep the muscle tissue intact so it doesnt get burned as well. So you stay at about the same loads, your reps go up, you dont rest as much, and you weight training becomes more aerobic.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]