ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: X-Rep
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:18 am 
Does anybody have experience with x-reps?

Post subject: About X-Reps
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:13 am 
Bob, Go to Bodybuilding.com to find more about it. That is a much better site. This is kinda lame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:10 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bob,

This web site has helped me a great deal when I started lifting just over a year ago. I still reference it all the time. My experience with bodybuilding.com is limited, but I have read a couple of useful articles there. I am sure you can learn from both and many others.

Onto your question. I am assuming x-reps means explosive reps. There are two ways to look at it. Explosive can mean the weight is moving fast and you are working in the ~60% RM range or it could mean that whatever weight you are using you are TRYING to move it as fast as possible, even though it does not appear to be moving fast.

Both methods are good. I do ALL of my reps explosively.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:45 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Well, for those interested, you can find the description at
http://www.x-rep.com/index.htm
A lttle background.The author, Steve Holman, is the editor in chief (or was, maybe still is) of Ironman magazine. Most of his writings are very credible, although there is a certain amount of marketing hype tossed in. He and Lawson popularized POF (positions of flexion) about 10 years ago, which was basically a low volume, higher inteensity type of workout , through various ranges of movements, and was strictly geared to bodybuilding. If that's your thing, I would recommend it. This new X rep thing seems to be a spin off variation with static holds thrown in. If bodybuilding is your thing, I would definately give it a look over and if you decide the price is worth it, give it an honest shot
Just my .02
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:53 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ooops!

Looks like I am totaly off the mark here :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]