ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Let's See your Dungeon
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:37 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I'm fortunate to have a real gym in our small, depressed mill town, minus the television sets and soccer moms running on treadmills. We affectionately refer to it as "The House of Pain." It's three stories up in an old industrial building. Last night, I headed down for some arm and back work and shot this video. It's a key club, and the place is pitch black if you are the first to arrive after supper. The gym was also typically empty on this Saturday night because the local bars were packed. Later, a half-dozen iron dogs came in, cranked up the heavy metal, and we all grunted, scratched, and pressed until 11pm. Click on the video thumbnail to visit our "House of Pain." Yeah, that's a Frank Zayne Leg Blaster. Sometimes, we load it up and use it in the stair well for some cardio. What's your gym look like?

Click the Link Below to see one of the gym owner's threatening signs

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p119/keithro50/PatsGymSign.jpg

Click the Thumbnail Below to view the video of the gym

Last edited by Keith Rowland on Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:41 pm 

No colored dumbells. Big boy weights. No cardio stuff. I'm moving to New Castle, PA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:47 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I appologize for those foam hula hoops. They belonged to a personal trainer who tried to bring clients into our gym, and he never came back to claim them. We do have a WABDL 5-time-masters world champ (power lifter) in our ranks, as well as some successful bodybuilders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mine looks like this on the outside.

That is the actual location. I couldn't find any other pictures of it. Not a dungeon, that's for sure. Colorful stuff and soccer mom's a plenty. They do have plenty of plates and bars, adequate benches, dumbbells that go to 150 (2 sets going to 75), and 3 power racks, so that's cool. Yea, all the crazy stuff I witness goes on there.