ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2007 experiment
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:48 am 

Okay it is now time to take a little of the weight off. I have been loosely following a diet and have not lost but have not gained in the last couple of months. My goal is to keep increasing my lean mass but have my weight stay the same or go down. My ultimate goal this year is to be able to throw up 315 on the bench 3 sets of 8 and to do the same with squats at 405. I am not going to sacrifice too much strength for becoming lean. Right now I am at 275 on bench and 365 on squat.

I'll give the particulars and start posting on the personal best logs in January with pictures. I have one of those body fat calculators at work and will post the given numbers. Here is my basic plan. I am going to do the 500 calorie below/above need on a 3 low, 1 high, 2 low, 1 high split. I will keep a food log and and post that as well. I am going to try and only eat stuff I can grow or kill. No processed carb. I have a wife and 8 year old little girl and I travel a butt load so I will cheat. I will eat five times a day. I will also keep a macro-nutrient log.

My goal is to lose 3 pounds of body fat over the next twelve months while gaining around 1 pound of month in lean body weight. Obviously the overall goal will to be to lose 24 pounds.

Here is the experiment part. I will alternate using a fat burner two weeks on and two weeks off. The one I have chosen is Biotest's Hot-Rx extreme.

Comments or suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sounds good. I tried hot-rox though, and it didn't do anything for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:23 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Only a comment, and it sounds like a doable goal. Good training, Hoosegow.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:35 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

My goals for the first half of 2007 include reaching 365 lbs for 1 rep on Barbell Bench Press, 275 lbs for 05 reps on Incline Barbell Press, 85 lbs for 5 reps each arm on One-arm Dumbbell Press, 405 lbs for 1 rep on Barbell Squats (high-bar) and 405 lbs for 01 rep on Standard Deadlift.