Hey everyone. Thanks to this site I've developed a workout scheme which I plan to get into in the coming days once some equipment arrives. However, I've found it much harder to find out information on general stretch routine. I still have questions like, "How long should I stretch for?" and "Which muscle groups should I cover?"
I'm trying to find/create a 5-10 minute post-workout stretching routine just for flexibilty, injury prevention and the other benefits stretching provides. I've found this slideshow on another site that claims to have 10 streches to cover all your major muscle groups.
It seems resonable but I have some concerns. I have a very limited knowledge in this area and yet I can still appear to see a few flaws.
- I can't find an equivalent of the lower back stretch (7) on ExRx.
- The shoulder stretch (8) appears to be a cross of the side deltoid
and the rear deltoid
- No equivalent for towel shoulder stretch (9).
- No equivalent for chest stretch (11).
- It doesn't seem to cover every major muscle group. For example it doesn't seem to contain stretches for the upper arms, forearms, other back, waist etc.
Anyway, I'd very much appreciate anyones help in designing this.