ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:39 pm 
former lurker

I'm a 22 years old female and I have flat hips and I'd like to have more circular and buxom hips..
What can I do to make them....? what is the best way?
i was told that plastic surgery is the only solution, but i'm not so into that kind of things :)

plz help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Part of it is genetics. Anything related to your bone structure isn't changable either. If you are overweight you may have fat deposits that make it that way which you need to loose. You probably could train the muscles to make them firm and a bit bigger.

So if you work those muscles and get your fat under under 15% or so, that should get them looking their best. As in thebest your genetics and bone structue allow.

Squats and deadlifts are the best things for the hip/glute area. Just the standard squat is good. For deadlift you want to be lifting pretty low off the ground. So even when you work up to a heavier weight, just add more of the smaller plates rather then using larger ones. Standing on some tpye of platform might help too.

Another issue is you want to lift heavy. Those light "woman workouts" that people foist off on the ladies won't work. Use a weight heavy enough to where you can't do more then 10 reps in perfect form. When you can get your 10 reps, add more weight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:04 pm 
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Are you thin overall? If so, you might just need to gain some weight. If not, you might not have the genetics for full hips. Exercise will help you maximize your potential in either case. Focus on compound lower body lifts with reasonably heavy weights, like Ironman said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:14 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

That's exactly what I was thinking. Women who are underweight, or even just very thin, generally have flat, narrow hips.