Well, I figured I'd write down my normal schedule as of late, and see what people think. It's loosely based on one of Exrx's 4 day templates, but I've modified quite a bit, as far as how they're split up.
A few notes:
- I'm 22 years old, 6'3", 185lbs. Started training about a year and a half ago, took time off from it last Sept-Dec because I was heavy into the wall climbing.
- Been drinking protein drinks before and after each workout for a few months
- I'll typically go to the gym 4-5 times a week, so this is basically a weekly routine
- I grouped back/triceps and chest/biceps on purpose instead of the 'normal' grouping because it makes each workout a little more well rounded
- I have a full day set for shoulders because it's definately my weakness, and I've been having some problems with them, as mentioned in another thread
- I tend to stick to dumbell exercises for the chest workout because I'm hoping to improve my shoulder stability, as well as get a better left/right balance
- I hate the leg curl machine, so suggestions as to how to get rid of it are welcomed
-The order is not necessarily as it's given - especially with the shoulder workout, I'll do one set of each for several rotations, or change the order completely
- I do a few sets of inclined twisting crunches during every workout
- I hope to get back into running now that the sidewalks aren't icy, and that will hopefully happen a few times a week.
Workout A: Back & Triceps
Dumbbell Tricep Extension
Workout B: Chest & Biceps
Dumbbell Bench Press
Dumbbell Incline Press
Workout C: Legs
Leg Curls (Machine)
Standing Calf Raise
Workout D: Shoulders
Rear Delt Row
Any comments/criticisms/recommendations are welcome. A formal routine isn't something I've really focussed on, but I hope to start paying more attention to my progress, etc.
Thanks in advance,