ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:30 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

These forums used to be far more active. Compared to 4 years ago, they are dead.

I don't think it has anything to do with the people, or the site. I think it has to do with mobile phones. We just don't spend as much time on the desktop or laptop like we used to.

If that is true, where are the conversations going in the mobile age?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:21 pm 

Reddit is pretty popular. I spend most of my time there. Forums like this are dying.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:47 pm 
Novice
Novice

I hope Forums like these are not dying. This forum has been very instrumental to my knowledge of training and physical fitness. Oftentimes I would not comment on the material that I was reading because I knew that the moderators were giving 1st class information. This forum was/is my go to when I want to know something. Also before I start a topic I research to see if it has already been discussed and guess what...it usually had been.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:05 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've just been busy with a lot of other stuff. Forums are not being used much anymore though. I did create a facebook group. It's dead too, but that's only because there are only a handful of people in it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:04 am 

Well, I'm back, so I'm sure it will pick up now! :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:09 am 

Hi guys,

I saw a couple of years ago that this forum is dead, I guess that the situation is even worse now.
It is an interesting coincidence that I came here to make my account unusable (delete password and change email) :smile:

If you can remember who I am, I must tell you that you helped me very much. Thank you very much and I love you all.
From what I saw:
- We should just train in that way that we are able to lift heavy everyday stuff (deadlifts, squats, loaded carries, clean and press) because our jobs are sedentary. We must not idolize our body, we just need to make it able to protect those around us and us and to do everyday things around a house. I'll try to move to sandbags this summer because that is enough for me and because they are very cheap and I don't want to waste money on unimportant things.
- We should just eat what our fathers used to eat. What comes from factory is toxic and this degree of toxicity is variable.
After learning this, I'm happy and spending more time into this would be a waste of time.

This is my last post.
See ya guys :grin:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:11 pm 

Well, bye. Unless you change your mind and come back?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:37 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I think he changed his mind already :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:54 pm 
n00b
n00b

While I understand feeling like you know enough to meet your needs, I like to keep reading new stuff and trying new things. Heck I only get around to trying about 1/2 the stuff I think about trying but it still keeps my head into exercising which helps me keep my body doing it.

I wish this site were more active, but I appreciate getting mature and reasonable answers when I am looking for information. It is better than many of the websites out there where it seems everyone claims to have a 400lb BP, 800lb Dl and can squat 4 mother-in-laws.

I tried poking around on reddit but I can't seem to get my head around the format (and sometimes there is just too much to dig through).

L~

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:06 am 

Reddit is popular but much of the value is in how the FAQs are written. This is a good and bad thing. I've been on /r/fitness for about 3 years and have slowly been chipping away at misconceptions that existed there. The big ones that I've been working on are that cardio kills your gains and you either have to be bulking or cutting. The way ExRx is laid out is far more comprehensive and organized but Reddit is certainly more dynamic and quicker to respond to change.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:01 am 

Llemna wrote:
While I understand feeling like you know enough to meet your needs, I like to keep reading new stuff and trying new things. Heck I only get around to trying about 1/2 the stuff I think about trying but it still keeps my head into exercising which helps me keep my body doing it.

I wish this site were more active, but I appreciate getting mature and reasonable answers when I am looking for information. It is better than many of the websites out there where it seems everyone claims to have a 400lb BP, 800lb Dl and can squat 4 mother-in-laws.

I tried poking around on reddit but I can't seem to get my head around the format (and sometimes there is just too much to dig through).

L~

I supply mature. Stu is reasonable. I have the 400lb BP. Stu's DL will reach 800 sometime later this year. Anyone with 4 mothers-in-law (note correct pleural) can be excused for spending a lot of time in the gym.

Anyway, thanks for hanging around. We're glad to talk about any ideas, whether or not we have all the answers!

A

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:34 pm 

Quote:
Stu's DL will reach 800

The only way I can lift 800lbs is with a forklift.