ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chest
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:17 pm 
Hello I was wondering if someone can help me with this question

I have been working out for 4 months now adn I am doing fairly well. But I seen some guys that have a 2 inch gap between their chest muscles. Now I dont want my chest to have that type of gap. I want the chest to be big and lean at the same time close to each other. I am currently seeing them slowly separate what can I do to prevent too much separation. What i have now is good but I dont want it to reach a point where the chest muscles have gotten so big that in between them there is a gap.

Can anyone tell me what excersizes I should do to prevent it or even if doing what I normally do has anything to do with it. I usually work out my chest once a week. 3 sets of Bench press, 6 sets of and incline press no decline press becaue I gym doent have it.

Thank you and I would greatly appreciate someones help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:21 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

In short, there's nothing you can do. Genetics determines the shape of your muscles and where your body is most likely to store fat. You control how big your muscles get and how much fat you store.

Just lift weights, and you'll look good. Everybody has an ideal that they want but will never be able to get. Why focus on one part of your body? People aren't just going to see the middle of your chest. Work your legs, shoulders, chest, and back, get big, and be happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:29 pm 
As posted earlier, it's all a matter of genetics. As long as you got some good mass going on your pecs, having a gap there doesn't matter. In fact, it's quite common to have a gap there.

Some people may argue that by training the "inner pecs" more, you can close the gap. From what I've read on the internet, the "inner pec" exercises include close-grip bench press, dips, flyes, pec-dec machine, and perhaps a few others.