ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:52 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

some kind of single leg stuff might be a good idea if you don't have the equipment to squat properly. Lunges or something. I realise starting strength is built around those big compound lifts but it may be something to consider if you can't squat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:00 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can almost certainly front squat, question is about back squat, we'll see though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I like to pair front squat with deadlift and back squat with Romanian or keystone deadlift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:38 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well in my gym I dont got much of a chance, need to tell the coaches mr rippeteo and doctors (thanks again jungledoc XD) told me to do deadlifts, and it is true though, asked mark rippeteo, and he said so, so my coaches could really have fun with their concerns which are seriously not to be taken seriously lol.
(Although im 14.5 years old, lol).

Btw, I saw in your exercise directory, that the exercise deadlift exercises the hamstring only as a dynamic stabilizer, you sure I will have enough hamstring work this way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:55 am 

idunno11 wrote:
Well in my gym I dont got much of a chance, need to tell the coaches mr rippeteo and doctors (thanks again jungledoc XD) told me to do deadlifts, and it is true though, asked mark rippeteo, and he said so, so my coaches could really have fun with their concerns which are seriously not to be taken seriously lol.
(Although im 14.5 years old, lol).

Btw, I saw in your exercise directory, that the exercise deadlift exercises the hamstring only as a dynamic stabilizer, you sure I will have enough hamstring work this way?

The hamstring works across both the knee jont and the hip so by definition it's a dynamic stabilizer. This doesn't mean that it's not working.

Quote:
Dynamic Stabilizer

A biarticulate muscle that simultaneously shortens at the target joint and lengthens at the adjacent joint with no appreciable difference in length. Dynamic stabilization occurs during many compound movements. The dynamic stabilizer assists in joint stabilization by countering the rotator force of an agonist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:04 am 

i remember the summer before i was a freshman, i was 13(turned 14 in oct) and my coaches had us doing dead lifts during summer triples. our coaches were ALL ABOUT IT. said the dead lift, clean+jerk/press, and squat are the bread and butter for football.

i actually think for old time sake i'm going to skip regular squats tonight and do our old routine.

clean
press
front squat
repeat