ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi reps for joints
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:50 am 

Hi dudes,
I was wondering why everyone in past talked that we should do high reps and now I don't see that anymore. I researched that and I saw this:
Build muscle mass while preventing joint damage
Quote:
A major misconception is that heavy lifting and joint pain are cause and effect. Many bodybuilders and powerlifters just deal with the accompanying joint pain. They reach for glucosamine, chondroitin and fish oil to get relief.
The previously mentioned research team also established that training with very light weight (a weight that allows the completion of 15-20 reps) prevented cartilage deconstruction and even enhanced its reconstruction.
The scientists found that exercising with light weights reverses the processes that occur when joints are stressed by heavy weights. Light weights seem to inhibit the activation of genes in cartilage cells that cause inflammation and an ensuing attack on cartilage. This prevents the breakdown of cartilage and leads to it being rebuilt.

Post subject: Re: Hi reps for joints
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:21 pm 
n00b
n00b

For me joint pain comes from doing very low reps with highway but also using moderate weight for height reps. My sweet spot for no joint pain is approximately 8 repetitions.

Post subject: Re: Hi reps for joints
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:14 am 
former lurker

Millions of people are suffering from joint pain problems. They don’t get it treated initially and later on ache becomes terrible. I highly suggest everyone to get chiropractic care. My uncle took from one of Mississauga chiropractors and got his problems treated successfully.