ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:22 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I've noticed that directly after weight lifting if I try to go to bed within a couple of hours I find myself up for another couple of hours or so unable to go to sleep. I assume that this is due to elevated adrenaline and cortisol (and other biochemical compounds that I have no idea about). It is worth noting that I do not usually feel this after an average cardio session, it keeps me up for maybe an hour or so. I was just curious about how this impacts others here. Does it take you a 3 to 4 hours to pass out after weight lifting or intense exercise?

Although, as I am typing this, I am feeling sleepy probably due to a shorter sleep cycle last night and full day of intense mental focus at work..

Neal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:40 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

I generally go to bed at 3:00 am ish on night I train, 3 hours after the sessino ends. Eating and general "rush" keeps me up. I've always been a night owl but have trended towards going to be a bit earlier if not for workouts. No way I could fall asleep within 60 minutes though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:33 pm 
Novice
Novice

I lift in the 70-100 intensity range and I pass right out if I workout at night before bed. Working out seems to relax my body.