ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:21 pm 
Necromancer
Necromancer

Cable Row to Neck with Elbows Out: as best I can tell it may have been replaced with Cable Rear Delt Row.

Even though it's at DeltoidPosterior URL, it doesn't link to the section at the top, nor does the section appear to list it anymore. Do they look the same to anyone else, or can someone pick up on a subtle difference that I'm missing? The same applies to these 4 moves:

Barbell Row (to neck with elbows out) seems to have become Barbell Rear Delt Row

Smith Row (to neck with elbows out) being replaced with Smith Rear Delt Row.

Also Lever Row (to neck with elbows out) becoming Lever Seated Rear Delt Row.

Dumbbell Row (with elbows out) becoming Dumbbell Rear Delt Row too!

It's neat to compare where the site has been and how it has progressed. TBH I hope they keep the older versions and don't delete them. I think B+W demo guy has his own sorta charm.

Does anyone else think instead of total replace, perhaps they could merge and show 2 animations of the exercise? Both the original BW one and the newer coloured one? The old photos are cool and the guy seems to be lifting more explosively in most cases. Also he seems to be hyperextending the shoulder further than the later images, like he's able to get a better peak contraction out of the rear delt or something like that.

BW guy is badass, just look how much weight he's using on the barbell row compared to the new color version. He's using bigger-looking plates on a big olympic barbell compared to the new pic having this tiny fixed-weight bar.

Old pics are more cool and inspiring!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:38 pm 
Novice
Novice

I think you need to find a new, more productive hobby to occupy your time. Consider learning a foreign language or becoming proficient at a musical instrument.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:17 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

No.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:33 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Personally, this Tyciol is more endearing than the one who threw a fit when some pages went missing
I can dig this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would recommend contacting James for the CD ROM version.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:50 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

Ironman wrote:

that works better with "floppy disk"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:06 pm 
Necromancer
Necromancer

Rik-Blades wrote:
No.
Why do you hate the older pictures? The guy doing the moves is using a different variation of form for the moves, and lifting more weight.

commodiusvicus wrote:
Consider learning a foreign language or becoming proficient at a musical instrument.
I have, thinking of doing Japanese and guitar perhaps. But I don't want to get too off-topic, feel free to make new thread about this interest.

Oscar_Actuary wrote:
more endearing than the one who threw a fit when some pages went missing. I can dig this.
This is more of a civil fit. I mean yeah, irked they're not listed (but they were replaced, so they're still there, just differently named/illustrated) but it's more about thinking "these off-the-map exercises are cool, they used to be listed, what do you think of them?" The concept of being enraged about it is more feigned/figure of speech to draw attention to the movements.

Ironman wrote:
Hm, as more content gets added to the site do you think he might produce a DVD? Would love to if it included all past/present versions and there was easy access to stuff not on the exercise/muscle list.