ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:22 pm 
Novice
Novice

Due to limited budget, and limited space in my home gym, I am considering purchasing this piece of equipment:

http://www.texasstrengthsystems.com/ghr.html

I'm looking to getting the GHR/reverse hyper Combo.

I'm not familiar with the mechanics of a GHR and rever hyper.

I was hoping somebody here might have experience with this machine from Texas Strength.

Should I get it?

I'm worried about the reverse hyper component to the machine. From what I've read, the movement requires a very specific set of specs for the equipment being used to perform reverse hypers (something about proper ROM, proper decompression/compression of spine, etc.).

The price is really good compared to a single GHR machine and Reverse Hyper machine.

Texas Strength has a great reputation, but I can't seem to find many reviews on this particular piece of equipment (ghr/reverse hyper combo).

Let me know what you guys think :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:33 pm 

If you are not familiar with the exercises involved you should not be buying a machine to do them. This is a pretty specialized piece of equipment, and very few people would have it in a home gym, especially if they have "limited budget, and limited space". It would be great to have, but it's one of the last pieces you should buy. ESPECIALLY if you don't even do the exercises involved.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:21 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Exactly what Doc said. I've got space limitations at my gym so we just have people hook their heels under the dumbell rack and do them that way.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:57 pm 

Ya know those little pad things? The ones intended to cushion the bar on your back for squats? They are great to use on the bar for GHRs where you hook your heels. Also, BTW for across your hips when you do hip thrusts.