ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Steroids
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:10 pm 
Novice
Novice

I just got myself 50 anadrol and am getting a bottle of test 500 tomorrow. I have never took steroids before but have serious shoulder and forearm problems so am going to give this ago. I was thinking of just taking 1 anadrol 50 a day but not sure how much test to take a week? Should I take anything else along withit so as not to look as puffy? Also people tell me most of the size goes to your legs..is this true? Anyone else had experiences with anadrol and test and what all did they take to protect their liver apart from milk thistle and in what dosages?

Thanks Matthew

Post subject: Re: Steroids
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:56 am 

LOL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:16 am 

If you have to ask those questions here, you're nowhere near ready to take anabolics. The people who use them safely and effectively (and that's a small percentage of those who take them) spend a long time studying the subject before they take their first dose.

There are sites and forums that are dedicated to this topic. You could probably get better answers there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You haven't thought that through too well. Am I right in thinking the test 500 is testosterone enanthate 500mg/ml?

If so you want to start with half a ml twice a week. You probably get better results if you front load it. If you want to front load, just double your first 3 injections.

Do not use anadrol for a kick start, that won't work. Wait until the test is in your system all the way before you take the anadrol. Really you shouldn't be using anadrol your first time, but if you're going to do that, take 50mg twice a day for 4 weeks. Say maybe week 6 through 9 of test cycle.

You may want an AI like anaztrozole if you get anything worse than water retention. That can hurt your gains if you take it when you don't need it though. Expect to be seriously bloated though. Anadrol will have you all swollen.

For pct you can probably get away with 4 weeks of clomid, usually 50mg twice a day the first week is good and then 25mg twice a day after that. HCG helps but not important with a cycle like that.

Your liver protection consists of abstaining from alcohol and acetaminophen (Tylenol) while you are taking anadrol. That and keep your cycle to four weeks or less. All that other stuff is nonsense. Not to mention everything you heard about anadrol, both good and bad, is quite exaggerated.

That said, what I would really recommend is doing more research, and then getting yourself some enanthate 250 and running that by itself your first time.

Oh and make sure you can quickly get some letro in case your nipples start itching. It probably won't happen, but you need to have a game plan in case it does.

I almost forgot, watch a video about how to do injections, and draw and shoot with separate needles, and never reuse needles and syringes. Hopefully you know which gauge needles to get and all that.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:08 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

^^^

man, sometimes I love that dude

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:22 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

That is some messed up hardcore stuff right there

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:42 am 

Jungledoc wrote:
You could probably get better answers there.

...or not.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:49 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Am I missing something? How would steroids help with shoulder and forearm injuries? I though PED use increased injury risk.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:26 am 

So Ironman... how do you know so much about steroids hmmm?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:26 pm 
Novice
Novice

Before taking them I planned to get enough advise and a plan off my m8s, I wasnt gonna take them blind I just thought I could rely on good sound advise on this since this would be the fitness site with the soundest advice given out. I have arimidex, nolva and am waiting on HCG. But Iv started taking the anadrol already because I havnt got the test yet..As for my shoulder from what Im told anadrol is good for lubricating the joints with a high water retention so I might be able to train pain free (Il be waiting months for more scans of my shoulder and cant not train) I assume I start taking the arimidex as soon as I start the test. Im not a hundred percent on when to start taking the nolva tho.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
started taking the anadrol already because I havnt got the test yet

There's your first mistake. It has a sort of synergy with testosterone and works MUCH better that way. Kick starts should be done with dianabol by the way.

Quote:
from what Im told anadrol is good for lubricating the joints with a high water retention

Maybe to a small extent but not really. That's deca that is good for that. But again neither deca nor anadrol are good for a first cycle.

I think you need a different kind of steroids for your shoulders. Your doctor might be able to help you with that.

Assuming you're taking testosterone enanthate, you start the nolva 2 weeks after your last injection.

You really should have got all this figured out ahead of time. Never start a cycle until you have all your supplies too. Hopefully you already have some good natural gains too, because if you haven't got natural training down yet, steroids aren't going to help.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:39 am 
Novice
Novice

Ironman wrote:
Quote:
started taking the anadrol already because I havnt got the test yet

There's your first mistake. It has a sort of synergy with testosterone and works MUCH better that way. Kick starts should be done with dianabol by the way.

Quote:
from what Im told anadrol is good for lubricating the joints with a high water retention

Maybe to a small extent but not really. That's deca that is good for that. But again neither deca nor anadrol are good for a first cycle.

I think you need a different kind of steroids for your shoulders. Your doctor might be able to help you with that.

Assuming you're taking testosterone enanthate, you start the nolva 2 weeks after your last injection.

You really should have got all this figured out ahead of time. Never start a cycle until you have all your supplies too. Hopefully you already have some good natural gains too, because if you haven't got natural training down yet, steroids aren't going to help.

Ironman Iv been training for about two years and am 6"2 about 220 pounds and roughly 20 per cent body fat so Im not in bad shape. I was going to take my first course of injectables but was given the anadrol for free so thought why not...not the cleverest perhaps but hey..I usually box as well but cant with the whole shoulder thing the only thing the dr will give me is co codamol until they find out whats wrong, gps in Northern Ireland really are a useless bunch from my countless bad experiences. My friends have mentioned injecting deca into my shoulder as they say they'v done it with shoulder injuries in the past, It's actually test 400 I'l b getting tonite Iv only took 4 tablets of the anadrol do you think I should just stop taking them and do what you mentioned about 6 weeks of test first? but I need to get something in and around that shoulder. Or should I just keep going an start the test now Iv already started?

Thanks for your help, Matthew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:14 am 

I'm curious on the shoulder thing.

Do you think a lack of testosterone has caused the issue?

I'm not against steroid use at all, btw. I have a neutral opinion on it I just found the reasoning strange. Fair enough to give an edge on strength or mass gains but as a solution to an injury problem I think you're barking up the wrong tree...

Even cortisone shots are temporary, 100% symptom based and don't address the cause of the problem.

If you took steroids successfully and your recovery increased significantly (which i'm assuming is the proposed mechanism to fix the shoulder/forearm) and therefore pain decreased significantly it would still only be temporary until the pain was bad enough that it was unbearable even on 'roids. This of course is assuming you carry on doing the same stuff that's causing the pain in the first place. Which I would assume you would, only, with more weight, reps, maybe even frequency, due to the 'roids.

Again, fair enough if you're going down that route but make sure it's for the right reasons. Injury is a poor excuse at worse and flawed logic at best.

KPj

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:40 am 

steroids and injuries don't mix.

I would get the injury sorted before cycling.

growth hormone is good for rehabbing certain injuries but it's not cheap

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
mentioned injecting deca into my shoulder

NO! Do not do that. Do not inject things anywhere but certain designated areas. You don't want to stick a needle in anything but muscle tissue. That's not how it helps anyway. It helps by getting into your system from being injected into muscle tissue. It's corticosteroids that are injected like that, like cortisol for example.

Your shoulder issues are probably rotator cuff. Internal and external rotation, face pulls, reverse shrugs, and some foam rolling will probably help them over time. Make sure you get them warmed up before working out, do presses with dumbbells and bilateral lever machines only, make sure your back keeps up with your chest too. Do rear delt rows and flys too.