ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:44 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

I found this article interesting: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_art ... r_training

Maybe because it summarizes so well what I've ended up doing after two years of reading, questioning, theorizing, and getting in and doing it.

I like his required/optional split, where the first one or two lifts are mandatory, but after that you can quit, press on, do whatever you want. I also like his reference and reinforcement of Wendler's all-out top set as a way to bust loose and give it all you got on any particular day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:23 pm 

great article. i think it's going hand in hand with your mentality/personality if the "just do-anything"-workout or a serious program is the best for you. one of my best friends is from portugal and he just likes to do the exercises he is in the mood to do and just get some kind of soreness, so that he knows he has done something in the gym. i am, a german, need a very specific programm designed by experts (the exrx forum members) and i can follow it for ever, if the progress doesn't stop :grin:.

but, if you are some kind of between these two mentalities or maybe you are not so motivated at the moment, then the article has some very nice strategies to keep the fun up.