ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gain weight
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:16 pm 
former lurker

Hi

I am 32 female and would like to gain weight. My problem is I get too skinny if I don't eat and I fall sick if I eat too much or too frequently. I also have a little lower tummy, which I would like to lose but doing cardios make me lose weight. What type pf exercise plan and food plan should I follow. I am into weight training. Cheers

Post subject: Re: Gain weight
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 pm 

Here is our list of programs. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3817

Pick one that suits you. Once you give your body a reason to need more muscle, you will start building more muscle and you will get hungrier and will eat more.

This is a good place to start: http://bretcontreras.com/2012/06/the-3- ... te-bridge/

In the meantime, start looking at what you are eating. The rules for gaining weight are similar to losing weight in that you need to eliminate the junk food from your diet and start giving your body the nutrients it needs. That means eating real food.

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 am 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

or you can binge drink several nights week, while consuming copious quantities of fried foods and pasta. Then take a stressful desk job, go to Taco Bell 4x/week, and eat large quantities of nuts and mountain dew every night. Skip veggies. Eat out 80/% of your meals

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:07 am 
former lurker

Hi I think you should consult good nutrition diet control consultant with highly experience in this filed. they will guid you how to and when to what to eat as per your body structure also will give you proper chart day wise to eat. You can get beat treatment in India.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:52 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Oscar's suggestion has the advantage that you can pick any two of his suggestions and it will still work, which has been proven in the field by over 100 million Americans. This is a very large sample set and quite conclusive.

However if you prefer to do it the healthy way, start with squats.

EDIT: I hate to seem paranoid or risk making a newcomer feel unwelcome, but I always figure its suspicious when a first time poster states a counter-trending desire (female gaining weight) and is then answered by another first-timer. I'm assuming the link attempt was in the reply. But maybe I'm just paranoid.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:18 pm 
Veteren Member
Veteren Member

we have our share of 1st time one time posters with odd random inquries that seem to take little to no interst in the replies
Like planting seeds, or sending out balloons
I dont know all their motives
And some may be legit

I tend not to waste serious answer on them
or most of you

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:18 am 

Yeah, but the OP used better English than the second one. Doesn't sound like the same person to me.

Yeah, the newbies who show no interest in the reply. Wish I could predict better.