ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Result Sheet
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:32 am 
former lurker

New to the forum and not sure if this is the correct place for the question or so mods please delete if needed. However I am working on a project with Diabetic, Obese, and the Sedentary populations. I have created a series of exercise testing to test baseline levels including balance, grip strength, sit stand, etc... For Cardio I have the Walkport Test and a 6 min walk test. We also take measurements and Blood work to keep track of cholesterol glucose etc... Basically what I would like everyones help with is ideas for coming up with a final result sheet for Doctors as they are the ones recommending the patients so they can see improvements. If you were a doctor or are a doctor what kind of categories would you like to see on a result sheet. Thanks for all the help.

Post subject: Re: Result Sheet
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would think a before and after on the blood levels is what they would really like to see. Increases in strength and reduction in weight and waist measurements would probably also be of interest.

We do actually have one doctor here among us. He might comment possibly.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:12 pm 

Keep it simple. Make sure that results that are significantly abnormal are highlighted, including, if possible, deviation from the mean in standard deviations. If you are doing repeat testing after exercise or other interventions, make sure before and after results are easy to see. It should all be on a single page.

What do you want the doctor to do in response to the data? That's a round about way of asking why should the doctor pay any attention to your results at all? If the information doesn't help him or her take better care of their patients, he or she won't take time looking at them.

Are you a student? What kind?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:44 pm 
former lurker

Thanks for the replies, definitely gave me some ideas I would not have thought about especially with the standard deviations. To answer your question though yes I am student graduating in december with a Major in Exercise Physiology minor in Biology. This website and forum has been great for me in my research past couple years.