My goals for 2013 were these:
Deadlift: 5 plates (current 455)
Squat: 400 lb (current 320, no idea if this will happen in 2013)
Bench: 1.5x body weight (not expected in 2013)
In short, results were not great.
Deadlift: Still at 455. (most recent best lift: 435)
Squat: from 320 to 335. Encouraging, but 400 is many years away at that rate.
Bench: Many PR's at intensities below 90%, but 1RM barely budged, from 220 to 225.
The easy wins are long gone and even the medium-easy stuff is over. At my present rate I may not make my goals before age catches up to me (48 right now). Serious work is in order.Long-term goals
SameSpecific for 2013
1. Make 2013 the year of breaking past plateaus. Add real gains to bench and squat.
2. Learn to get strong beyond what comes naturally from just showing up
3. Improve my competition score from 985 in Nov 2012 to 1025+ in July 2014Immediate Short-term, First Quarter 2013
1. Leg Drive. Heavy leg work to get squat to 345 by end of March.
2. Attempt "Get better at deadlift by not deadlifting" and see if this works for me. Give it 3 months of dedicated effort with deadlifting only 1/month.
3. Heavy back work. Attempt to add 10# to bench by end of March by focusing on back. I've got the gains at lower intensities to support this, need to carry it into the higher intensities.
4. Work on neglected body parts. Abs and rear delts in particular.