ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:25 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

greetings, sometime ago i posted this message:

I've been having lower back pain that extends into my legs. An old injury coming back. chiro and acupuncture had no qualms with inversion therapy, so ive proposed to do it at the gym since i dont have a bar at home.

my questions today are:
1. has anyone had success with the boots?
2. when you use them do you exercise the same day?
-if you choose to exercise, at what point in your routine do you hang upside down?

i considered doing it at the beginning and/or after cardio before i lift, or after my entire routine. I wanted to get some feedback so I can safely do it. I've tried using it at all 3 stages of my routine and found personally that I enjoy it more when ive finished some cardio. followed by some other stretches on a mat.
----------------------------------------------------------
and after some time experimenting with it, ive found this:
It works remarkably well,
the best time to do it is in the morning just as you wake up because your muscles will be the most relaxed.
you must follow up with some stretches that focus the hamstrings, hips, abs, quads, and entire back.

i had a herniated disc from a training injury sometime ago. I didnt attend to it properly and it comes back to haunt me occasionally. as in, it hurts to roll out of bed sometimes.
I started doing self therapy, and it worked as soon as i felt a wonderful pop in my lower back after hanging and doing some stretches. I started slowly. a few minutes one day, slowly increasing the time the more i did it. maybe 3 sessions later and i felt that pop. doing it once a day and I feel great. If anyone has back issues, I have yet to read that it wont offer some kind of relief. even if you dont, it stimulates your circulatory system and offers relief on your spine from the stress of gravity and lifting heavy. for me, an effective preventative measure.

hope this help :)