ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:36 pm 
former lurker

I am new here and I am posting here because I sent the following email to some fitness equipment websites here in Britain looking for some sales advice and I have got a deafening silence in reply. So I am wondering if the collective wisdom of this site can advise. Thanks. Here's the email.

Hi,

I am looking for a bouncing medicine ball. One that is hard-wearing and heavy-duty so that it can take a lot of bouncing off stone walls, concrete or stone-paved ground - that kind of thing.

The weight I am looking for would be around 5.5Kg or 12lbs. If having to choose between 5 or 6 Kg, I will go for 6Kg, particularly if the 6Kg is not too much more in price than the 5Kg. If the 5Kg is way cheaper I might consider that.

Now there seem to be quite a few different makes on the market XLR8, TKO and so on.

I was wondering what the best way to make a hard-wearing medicine ball is so I was looking on the internet for information.

Now I've really got concerns about the durability of rubberised hollow medicine balls because I saw a video on YouTube which shows someone from Si-Boards throwing such a ball up and it breaks in two on the ground. They were promoting their solid polyurethane bouncing medicine ball which they say doesn't break.

They do a 8.5 inch diameter 12lb ball which looks good to me. But that is a California company and I don't know if they deliver to Scotland for how much or if someone else in Britain can supply something similar over here?

Here is the video.
"Si-Boards Medicine Balls Exercises"
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=guQfO0oD968

So which bouncing medicine ball is best and why? Who can provide the best ball at the best price including delivery to Scotland?

Peter Dow,
Aberdeen, Scotland