ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:32 pm 
n00b
n00b

There is a type of yoga for RA And I forgot what is. Could you please help me and give me any other information on resources, stretches, exercises for RA?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:09 pm 

There are not many yoga people here but I found this: http://www.webmd.com/rheumatoid-arthrit ... -arthritis

Strength is the adaptation that leads to all other adaptations that you really care about - Charles Staley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:06 am 

I doubt that there's any one kind of yoga that is better for RA than the others, but I'd guess that any of them might help. The differences between the different types isn't very clear to me. I'd say, just find a class, try it out for a few times, then decide if it's helpful or not. Might be a good idea to try 2 or 3 different classes before settling on one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:54 pm 

This isn't exactly and answer to your question, but it is related. It's a link to a summary of an article about a mega analysis of studies about yoga and quigong for low back pain in the elderly. Spoiler: no help.

http://www.univadis.com/viewarticle/yoga-qigong-ineffective-for-chronic-low-back-pain-in-older-people-390583?u=g7Nnk16ewguknbyrgN3LseLSZYG33GLRDbhhilDhQDTBgBSntbj%2Bs1FTr07ACgzp&utm_source=newsletter%20email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=medical%20daily%20update%202.5&utm_content=726321&utm_term=automated_daily

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:40 am 
n00b
n00b

This is an in-depth workshop on yoga for Rheumatoid Arthritis at the yoga international website with detail on modifications, chair yoga, bed yoga, and doing yoga during flares. If you don't have time to do the full workshop, here are the basics. Yoga is a great way to keep joints moving after diagnosis of this painful condition. The key, however, is to take it slow. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Going too hard too quickly can do a lot more bad than good.