ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:17 am 
In Memoriam: TimD

On a much lighter note: do you guys remember the Super Bowl Ads from Feb 2007? (The comment on Connecticut brought it to mind.)
They had these rich Ivy League types rapping about being bad in their preppy clothes and pushing Budweiser. Thought that was funny as hell.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:17 am 

Another pet peeve of mine is bad behaving children. I went to the zoo this weekend with my family so my four year old could do some easter egg hunting. After we were finsihed we got lunch and then this little kid walked up to my daughter who at the time was eating a cheese burger and some fries the kid walks up to her and says "hey want some sun flower seeds?" My daughter looks at me bewilderd and says nothing to the kid he then goes up to every person in the area that is sitting down and asks them if they want some sunflower seeds. His mother sitting at a table across from us smiles at the kid. Also horrible parenting is a pet peeve of mine. I mentioned out loud so that lady could hear me" I can't stand people who are bad parents". Pulling her kids around in a wagon inside a zoo, priceless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:36 am 

Glad you mentioned the parents role in that. The kids aren't to blame. They have to be taught first. After that, it's on them.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:19 am 

I understand its the parents. I just don't know how parents can be so bad. Wouldn't you have higher standards for your children? My four year old is well behaved she has manners and shes usually a great kid. Unless we wrestle where her inner crazy person comes out. Shes also a dare devil and loves it when i throw her into the sky maybe ten feet or more and catch her she loves to show the neighbors its hilairous.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Granted the parents shouldn't let their child run around like that bothering people and also for the safety of the child. But it doesn't sound like the child was being bad. The child was simply violating social mores. It was a very minor one done out of ignorance by one too young to understand. Our reasoning behind the custom is not intuitive and will make sense to nobody by default. It must be learned. How ever ignoring someone isn't very nice either. You could simply say, "No thanks, I don't want any sunflower seeds."

Perhaps the mother was watching and thought it was safe and assumed nobody would mind and that it would give the child more practice with social interaction. An error on her part, but a minor one.

The problem I have is when the kids are running around being brats and the parents don't do anything. Or the parents ignore the kids. Or when the parents start beating the crap out of the kid right in front of everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:30 pm 

the thing was i told the kid no thanks and then he came back and his mother was allowing him to walk around offering everyone seeds that he has in his hand not in the bag. The fact that she was smiling while her kid was being moral unnormal bothered me its like she condoned the kid walking around asking random strangers if they want some of his sweaty palmed sunflower seeds. It's disgusting and parents like that need some lessons or the kid will grow up and be obnoxious everywhere he ever goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:36 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

I hate it when people post political signs on public property and/or private property where they don't have permission. Worse nobody ever bothers to take them down when the election is over, so inevitably they end up blowing away and littering the roadside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:37 pm 

I also hate it when people flick cigarette butts wherever they please like the world is their ash tray.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:33 am 

How about people who think they are better than you because they are born to a rich family or that they have more 'friends' or popular. Or how about star athletes/celebs who think they can get away with anything and say "Do you know who I am" if they are confronted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:56 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Matt Z wrote:
I also hate it when people flick cigarette butts wherever they please like the world is their ash tray.

ironmaiden708 wrote:
How about people who think they are better than you because they are born to a rich family or that they have more 'friends' or popular. Or how about star athletes/celebs who think they can get away with anything and say "Do you know who I am" if they are confronted.

Both these pet peeves remind me of Sean Penn when he last visited Toronto and ignored the city's anti-smoking by-law. There was a fuss with Toronto Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Sheila Basrur about issuing him the fine but Penn just scoffed at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:09 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I can’t stand it when people touch a PC monitor or TV screen with their fingers! It leaves oily finger prints on the screen that inhibits viewing and looks down right tacky. It makes me want to scream when I see people touching a monitor to point to something. Come on already, get a pointer, a stick, something! If you MUST touch the screen with your finger, can’t you supinate your hand and touch it with your fingernail????? Is there a reason to deposit that oily fingerprint? ARGH....where is my Windex!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's a good one, that drives me crazy too. Or people that spill half their lunch across the desk and just leave it there, especially if there is a dirty dish there with it, and even more so if the mouse and/or keyboard is sticky and/or greasy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:12 pm 

A pet peeve since everyone is talking what sounds to be about offices. Is loud people that laugh obnoxiously while doing their jobs or just outright being loud. I'll be on my line having to cover up the mic so i dont here mickey mouse or spongebob going all out on my end. crazy. Or haha the people who complain about not being productive but don't try and all they do is complain. haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:38 pm 

People who are disgustingly nasty fat and out of shape and assume they know more than a fit in shape person about weight training. Its possible but i really doubt it. " A lot of steroids are lethal" " A lot of people have died from steroids" " the reason its illegal is because it's unnatural and the body doesnt make it on its own" Wow if there ever was something called the slap button big red button with the word slap on it you press it and the person gets biotch slapped haha i would have pressed it over and over again. I just love the ignorant masses of overweight morons that know what they say is right when they're wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:56 pm 

I worked in the retail garden industry for 25 years and i can't tell you how many times the parents let their kids run loose in the store. I hate to say it but those type of parents have no business having kids. Some of the kids played in the fountain area around the electrical cords, others would pull water wands off the diplay and have sword fights, damaging them, and making them unsaleable. Where were the parents? My favorite one was the two year old child who hopped on an electric cart and took off. If i hadn't seen it when i did, that kid would have been hurt. When i told the parents, they got mad at me! GEESH. Sorry to rant, but parents who don't watch their kids really irritates me. i never let my kids out of my sight when they were young, and i won't let my grandson out of my sight either. Exhlale!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next