ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:23 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

People who write "loose" instead of "lose" --- I need to "loose" weight . . . People who talk constantly in the gym; WHILE they are doing their workout . . . cell phones . . . texting: I'm walking down the stairs during a fire drill, and the guy in front of me is texting, so I said excuse me, can I walk ahead of you and your important text message . . . vegetarians who think it's okay to O.D. on sugar just because they don't eat meat . . . vegans (can't eat pizza? WTF?) . . . hypocrisy . . . fat women who show too much skin (or anyone who shows the crack of their arse, really, doesn't have to be women) . . . the recent spate of animated movies (sure I'm getting old, but...) . . . movies in general (and the half hour of coming attractions) . . . people who think they are healthy just because they're skinny . . . cigarette butts all over the place (I dispose of my monthly cigar properly) . . . people who make faces at me when I have that montly cigar (like pollution and cigarette smoke is okay?) . . . people who cough all day at the office (my biggest pet peeve lately) . . . when you say "good morning" to people and they walk right by you . . . and, I guess, laziness in general.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:00 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Teebee, don't hold back, just get it all off your chest, you are in the correct thread for it.

:wink:

What? You didn't mention sarcasm or smilies! :roll:

Seriously though, I agree with ALL of it, vegans, animated movies, people who think they're healthy because they're skinny (I especially dislike this one).

KPj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:08 pm 

Whats really irritating is the skinny chicks that think they are fat and then they eat like birds. Then binge eat. Yea morons.

Americas Next top model.

Gay guys that look better than me and get hit on by more chicks than me.

Delays on digital cameras that make your pictures look RETARDED LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:17 pm 

"Gay guys that look better than me and get hit on by more chicks than me." - Manofsteel319

Why would that bother you? If they're gay, they're not competition.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:27 pm 

"Delays on digital cameras that make your pictures look RETARDED LOL" - Manofsteel319

It must depend on what kind of digital camera you have. With mine I only get delays when I use the autofocus, which isn't a big deal since I prefer manual focus for most of my photos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:50 am 

I love Jimi Hendrix.

I hate when people refuse to accept his greatness, or even refuse to listen to him because they just think 'drugs' BUT, they openly listen to and praise the likes of Clapton, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Elton John, AMY FRIGGIN WINE HOUSE, ELVIS and the list goes on.

It's one thing to not like someone because it's just not your style of music or whatever, but saying, "OH, he was on DRUGS" - get a grip of yourself. Like it's even anything to do with it.

Same goes for The Doors. Some people just think 'drugs / LSD'. It's genius, that's what it is. If your going to dislike someone for THAT reason, then you should dislike every artist who has dabbled.

My dad used to always say to me "why is it everyone you listen to is either dead, on drugs, or dead from being on drugs". I would respond by going to his music collection and pulling out all the artists that I mentioned above and more, and just say, "why is it ok for you, but not for me?".

* Deep Breath *

And.... i'm done.

KPj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:40 am 

Damn matt I think your are 100% correct thats the whole"auto" option. Duh ... ok Will do it differently next time. Stupid gf told me to use the auto one. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:38 pm 

The problem with autofocus is that the camera doesn't know what you're taking a picture of. It just automatically focuses on the nearest object in/near the center of the feild of view. Consequently, if you're trying to photograph a bird, the camera may focus on a twig in the foreground. Likewise, if your subject is off-center the camera will focus on some object in the background.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:52 pm 

well .... yea def not ....lol and I wondered why my pictures were so crappy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:01 pm 

KPj you make a good point. However some might argue that they don't like the music of Hendrix, the Doors and others because of the drug references in their lyrics. Meanwhile, Elvis used drugs heavily, but he never really wrote about drugs. Whether that makes him better or worse is a matter of opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:07 pm 

PS.) I also think manual focus is quicker once you get used to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not just Elvis and Hendrix. The Stones and the Beatles were into drugs too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:48 am 

* clears throat *

(In a melodic, singing voice...)

Lucy in the skyyyyy... with diamonds...

Beatles, Elton John...

Yeh yeh, I know, the Beatles denied that they realised it spelled LSD, but I don't believe them because it's more fitting with my argument.

The stones made reference, too. In fact, did they not release a single called - "Stoned".

Marvin Gaye referenced them too, but play Heard it Through the Grapevine, Hitch Hike, Aint No Mountain High Enough, and all the stiffs will be up dancing.

Dr Hook made reference to drugs, too. Normally softer drugs (cannabis). Bob Dylan. But another thing that needs to considered is that the true extent of the dangers of drugs like Cocaine and Heroin weren't really known back then. I wasn't around 'back then' but that's my understanding. Was Cocaine not considered harmless when it first hit the states? AND - "COCAINE - CLAPTON" who doesn't love that song, not because it's abut drugs, but because it's a great, catchy song. He didn't write it but he sang it. Clapton made a lot of reference to drugs, but people who only like him for 'wonderful tonight', are none the wiser. And the Hendrix version of Dylans All Along the Watch Tower - I played that to my dad (and others), he really liked it, obviously because it's amazing. Until I told him it was Hendrix - that's my 'Pet Peeve' in a nutshell. Being sort of twisted, I do it a lot when I have people in my car that I know dislike people like Hendrix.... "Ya do like it, DO YA, well, affraid to tell you, but its HENDRIX!!!!"

i'm not pro drugs at all, just fail to see why people can judge musicians on that fact. It's their loss as they miss out on a lot of great music, some of the best in my opinion.

I do see your point, though. Hendrix and the Doors, I guess, were more blatant about it. Not to mention that The Doors played their own unique style of music which draws controversy anyway. They were an individual band, AND known drug users. Hendrix music, the more well known stuff anyway, is very 'rock', and mostly had a raw and often psychedelic style so again, it's very 'drug user-ish' and the individuality sets him up for more scrutiny as well, like The Doors. Although, Jim Morrison contributed a lot to the controversy of The Doors. But I love him anyway.

KPj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:31 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

When women idolize those good-looking Hollywood stars who are all gay. (I have an actor friend in Hollywood; I'm not making this up when I say they're all gay, or 99% of them.) I guess it's going to be a long time before women start judging men on how much they can dead lift . . .

I know a Vietnam vet who hung out with Hendrix in New York. Jimi would take his guitar everywhere; to the movies, to a bar, to sleep. All he wanted to do was play.

Just today a woman here at work called "2001: A Space Odyssey" a "weird" movie. Well, yes, it's weird, I'm glad you noticed that. Atypical . . . unusual . . . and great. But she said it like it was going to bite her or something. "Ewww, keep that 'weird' thing away from me. It made me think, and I'm not used to that."

Scrawny guys. Scrawny guys who wear muscle T-shirts. For god's sake, eat some protein and throw some weights around. I'd be ashamed to look like them. Then they get a bad-ass tattoo, I guess to call attention to their scrawniness.

Some say that Nietzsche and the Miami bust killed Morrison. I say that's true; and the Scots have a word for someone dying like Jim: "He was done." Used up. Sayonara, baby.

Me too. I reminded my father that Hank Williams OD'd in the back seat of a Cadillac in 1950.

What other pet peeves. People who bring you down because they have nothing better to do. Stay away from these people. Harder when you're young, the whole "peer pressure" thing.

All of my friends are middle-class like me. I have no poor friends or rich friends. Just how it happens. And one thing I can't stand is being looked down upon by a wealthy person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:27 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

TeeBee wrote:
. . . when you say "good morning" to people and they walk right by you . . .

Peter Gibbons: Let me ask you something. When you come in
on Monday, and you're not feelin' real well, does anyone ever say
to you, 'Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays'?

Lawrence: No. No, man. Sh!t, no, man. I believe you'd get
your ass kicked sayin' something like that, man.

~ I bet someone is gonna have a pet peeve about movie quoters .. lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next