ExRx.net
http://exrx.net/forum/

Biggest Pet Peeve's at the Gym
http://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5345
Page 8 of 8

Author:  Han [ Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

I agree. I saw a HS kid at the gym the other day wearing SKINNY LEG (stovepipe) JEANS (halfway down his @rse). Obviously was there for a serious workout.

Author:  nygmen [ Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:32 pm ]
Post subject: 

Han wrote:
I agree. I saw a HS kid at the gym the other day wearing SKINNY LEG (stovepipe) JEANS (halfway down his @rse). Obviously was there for a serious workout.


I'm ashamed that those jeans are becoming fashion.

I grew up with Rambo & Rocky & CONAN. Not skinny jeans. Men are supposed to look like men, not prepubescent girls.

Author:  KPj [ Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:10 am ]
Post subject: 

Even if i wanted to wear those jeans, I don't think there's anyway I would get them over my a$$. I've noticed loads of people wearing them too. I need to get jeans quite baggy, or the top half of my thighs and glutes just won't go into them, and if they do, any sudden movements will destroy them. I would like to try and get into a pair of tight jeans for a laugh. Some times i like to try on my old suit - which was actually quit expensive. I got fitted for it when i was about 140, soacking wet, and they left some room for me to 'broaden out'. Well, gross underestimation, as I can't get the trousers past mid thigh, and can barely get the jacket on at all.

The only kind of people that can get away with it are guys like Mick Jagger. He rocks skinny jeans.

KPj

Author:  robertscott [ Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:13 am ]
Post subject: 

the only guys allowed to wear skinny jeans are glam rockers from the 80s. If you weren't in Whitesnake, buy some normal trousers.

Author:  Matt Z [ Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

I don't understand skinny jeans ... especially on guys. Why would someone want to show off chicken legs?

Author:  xshawnxearthx [ Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

i need baggy/loose fit jeans.

Author:  KPj [ Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:01 am ]
Post subject: 

Matt Z wrote:
I don't understand skinny jeans ... especially on guys. Why would someone want to show off chicken legs?


Over here skinny seems to be the fashion. Not in jeans, I mean, but in build. TC at T-Mag has mentioned this before in his Atomic Dog articles, actually, so i'm guessing it's the same over there.

I blame guys like Beckham. People want to be built like a skinny footballer/soccer player or worse yet, these skinny student indie rock bands you get now. There just doesn't seem to be any Arnies or Sly's or JCVD's for kids to look up to now.

KPj

Author:  dale2177 [ Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:16 am ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
There just doesn't seem to be any Arnies or Sly's or JCVD's for kids to look up to now.


FACT! Thats what action heroes are supposed to look like! awful, awful acting but something to inspire you(or shame you) into lifting!!

Now it all seems to be totally ripped guys like Daniel Craig in bond and Hugh Jackman etc..... impressive..... i guess, inspiring nah ah!

The closest we have now are The Rock, Vin Diesel, John Cena et al. Now they may be able to match The oldies in acting talent (or lack of) But they're just big guys, not like :eek: huge.

Author:  hoosegow [ Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:44 am ]
Post subject: 

But over there, KPj, yall get to wear kilts.

I gotta find me a place to buy me a kilt.

Author:  robertscott [ Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:54 am ]
Post subject: 

KPj wrote:
Matt Z wrote:
I don't understand skinny jeans ... especially on guys. Why would someone want to show off chicken legs?


Over here skinny seems to be the fashion. Not in jeans, I mean, but in build. TC at T-Mag has mentioned this before in his Atomic Dog articles, actually, so i'm guessing it's the same over there.

I blame guys like Beckham. People want to be built like a skinny footballer/soccer player or worse yet, these skinny student indie rock bands you get now. There just doesn't seem to be any Arnies or Sly's or JCVD's for kids to look up to now.

KPj


Footballers don't have skinny legs though, admittedly not as big as rugby players but definitely not as skinny as the pansies who wear skinny jeans.

Author:  robertscott [ Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:55 am ]
Post subject: 

hoosegow wrote:
But over there, KPj, yall get to wear kilts.

I gotta find me a place to buy me a kilt.


yes we do! And the freedom of movement is liberating

Author:  KPj [ Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:48 am ]
Post subject: 

robertscott wrote:
Footballers don't have skinny legs though, admittedly not as big as rugby players but definitely not as skinny as the pansies who wear skinny jeans.


Yeah but legs don't count :lol: Bodybuilders have huge legs yet, most people in the gym training 'like bodybuilders' neglect their legs.... Funnily enough a lot of people think a game of 5-a-side football (soccer) is enough.

KPj

Author:  Jungledoc [ Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:30 am ]
Post subject: 

hoosegow wrote:
But over there, KPj, yall get to wear kilts.

I gotta find me a place to buy me a kilt.

WalMart. Think "beach towel."

The old underwear question has never been answered satisfactorily for me. It seems to be the biggest darkest Scottish secret. If they told us, they'd have to kill us.

Author:  Badman [ Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:24 am ]
Post subject: 

Ok, so in the changing rooms, there was a guy - old probably 50's drying himself after his shower.

With a hair-dryer.

Author:  ellerbus [ Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

people using wrist straps on the shoulder press machine

Page 8 of 8 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/